Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

I don’t think it’s whether Vardy is the player he was (he isn’t) but at his age and ability to impact games is he good value?  You also need to factor in whether he a leader in the dressing room.

The merit of the year extension to me depends on his salary.  If we are paying him £100k plus next season, I just don’t think it is good value.

Wes Morgan went through something similar - both are legends  for what they helped us achieve 

We've been too slow on the ball all season to utilise him and Daka properly. In the last two games we've been much better at getting the ball to our attackers as quick as possible rather than pissing around with it at the back and it's given our forwards much more space to work with. 

If we continue with the style we're playing now I think he'll have at least one more run of scoring goals before he retires/moves club.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

So like Broady, Vardy again is too old…

I mean if Vardy‘s critics/ discreditors keep posting like the last 5yrs,they are bound to get it right sometime..

Vardy as gone through a rough time…Is he finished with the challenge,or does he have that Vardy power,to kick on again, this & more importantly next season.

I believe he has…

On the flip side, at what point do people stop saying "class is permanent". When he's 40? 50? 

We'll have people saying "If we just set the team up to play to his strengths, and we ask their defenders to stand still, and the opposing keeper has the flu, then he'll be banging them in". 

He's not finished as a footballer, but he's certainly not shown for a while that he should be a starter, let alone building a team to play to his strengths. Even with the shoddy play we've been showing this season, Prime Vardy would still be banging in goals left, right and centre. Current Vardy has been getting games on reputation rather than performances. 

• Like 1

If the team played to my strengths, I might score goals as well. 

The Premier League is the toughest league in the world physically. Schedule, aggression and ability wise. It was going to catch up with Vardy at some point. 

He’s still a good player, however not the menace he once was. 

5 hours ago, Charl91 said:

On the flip side, at what point do people stop saying "class is permanent". When he's 40? 50? 

We'll have people saying "If we just set the team up to play to his strengths, and we ask their defenders to stand still, and the opposing keeper has the flu, then he'll be banging them in". 

He's not finished as a footballer, but he's certainly not shown for a while that he should be a starter, let alone building a team to play to his strengths. Even with the shoddy play we've been showing this season, Prime Vardy would still be banging in goals left, right and centre. Current Vardy has been getting games on reputation rather than performances. 

I will sit back enjoy our front 6 performing,but Daka & Vardy

will have their roles to play…

Next season descisions will be made,and I will enjoy and find interesting how those descisions fall…We might invest in 1-2 strikers,or not find anyone…,

I would at the moment,not issue /post any demeaning posts in his direction,Vardy‘s script is written from higher judges…Even when scoring 20+ goals,we muttered many a time that was a sitter how could he miss…

so banging them in left right & centre,great footballing term…

Only Vardy knows what is going on with him. He has no effect on the game anymore but who else can we bring on? Daka? than who else? I just hope we make some purchases in the summer where the subs are more impactful and can change the game.

22 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Only Vardy knows what is going on with him. He has no effect on the game anymore but who else can we bring on? Daka? than who else? I just hope we make some purchases in the summer where the subs are more impactful and can change the game.

He did look a bit rusty but I don't think he had much chance to change the game today coming on at 3-0 down when we looked well beaten. 

2 hours ago, Dames said:

The clown show his wife started has definitely had an impact on him. Not been the same since he had to go court and then the decision not ruling in their favour. Imagine there’s been a huge amount of stress thats hard to ignore and for a confidence player like Vardy stress is the last thing he needs. 

Gets taunted about it every game now.

I felt bad for him when he come on, it was inevitable they would sing for Rooney.

Can't even say anything back because she is a fvcking grass.

• Haha 1

The final nail? 

Screenshot_20230223_064036_Google.thumb.jpg.1fd0189435258f55f39228fc7a08c3c7.jpg

You're not famous anymore? 

I kind of hope he goes to manage Rochester. Does brilliant and come back in future to manage us to our first champions league trophy. 

Looks like he's put on a bit of pud. (loving the new hairstyle though) 

Edited by gw_leics772

On 18/02/2023 at 23:33, Charl91 said:

He’ll still have class at 5 a side for many a long year yet!