Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

I hope the club come to some kind of agreement over his contract. He cant take another £5m next year and run his contract down. I suspect the likely scenario is that he will, but go out on loan to another club that will pay a proportion of his high wages. He must still be on £100K a week. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Do reckon all the grief with his Mrs has had a toll on him. Not the same player.

Yes that and it would fall on him to find the money to pay for her crap. Even for someone as rich as him its a needless amount of stress.

1 minute ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Don't you think it's more likely to be because he's 36 years old?

There's an element but he was banging them in at the start of last season. He should still be able to impact games at this level but he just looks so devoid of any motivation or confidence. Its mental not physical at the minute. 

I don't agree with any abuse he might get but his performances have been awful and doesn't offer anything. Going through the motions. Doesn't link play, doesn't offer himself for a pass, doesn't hold it up, doesn't tackle anyone. Just points at people. 

• Like 1

I don’t think he’s playing for Rodgers. He seems completely disinterested, same as N’didi. I think there’s a lot of players who are disillusioned in this team at the moment. The whole club is, from the fans to the programme personnel, there’s a hopeless acceptance of the inevitable. 

• Like 3

Age is definitely catching up with him, but I do feel there is something else in the background, in pre season he looked sharp and dangerous in front of goal.  I do wonder if the sudden departure of Kasper and then there appeared to be a confrontation with Rodgers when he was subbed in the home game vs Man United, since that game he has featured as nothing more than a bit part player in the league and starting in cup matches vs lower league opposition, can’t help but think Vards relationship with Rodgers is not great

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

I don’t think he’s playing for Rodgers. He seems completely disinterested, same as N’didi. I think there’s a lot of players who are disillusioned in this team at the moment. The whole club is, from the fans to the programme personnel, there’s a hopeless acceptance of the inevitable. 

Absolutely - it's basically down to individual brilliance (As it has been for 3 years with this manager) to save us. 

Whole season is dependent on Maddison staying fit & Rodgers starting Kelechi every game. 

3 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Not really, no. His fitness isn’t really the issue is it? 

He's fit; he's just old. He only needs to have lost a couple of percent of his speed for the most important part of his game to have gone completely. Doesn't matter how good you still are at finishing - if you can no longer regularly get yourself half a yard in front of defenders then you're never going to get the chances.

11 minutes ago, Dames said:

There's an element but he was banging them in at the start of last season.

The start of last season was eighteen months ago though. And once age starts catching up with you, eighteen months is a very long time. Especially in a sport full of insanely fit, strong and fast athletes, where the difference between being brilliant and being ordinary is probably 1% or less.

24 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

The club is a mess and has no idea when to let players go from U23's that are held on for way too long, to poor signings that we repeatedly refuse offers for, to the older successful players where we are simply too generous in contracts.

Apperently Borunemouth offered 30 million for Gray a few years ago and we rejected it. Our club are a mess when it comes to letting players go and now 3/4 of our squad is due to leave on a free in the next 2 years.

• Like 1

Rodgers tactics without Maddison is contra any decent front 5 we can muster,

They don’t get regular ball & space to attack..

After Nachos goal….

kristiansen,Barnes, Tete should of been swamping them…

Instead No reaction on intent..

9 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

He's fit; he's just old. He only needs to have lost a couple of percent of his speed for the most important part of his game to have gone completely. Doesn't matter how good you still are at finishing - if you can no longer regularly get yourself half a yard in front of defenders then you're never going to get the chances.

He’s had a number of guilt edge chances that he’s made an absolute turkey of in the last year or so. So many. Don’t see how that can be put down to age. 

Edited by kingkisnorbo

Just now, kingkisnorbo said:

He’s had a number of guilt edge chances that he’s made an absolute turkey of in the last year or so. So many. Don’t see how that can be put down to age. 

He's always missed chances. All strikers - even the best - miss loads of chances. When they get three or four good chances a game though, missing some matters less because they'll score one or two, more often than not.

But when you only get one good chance every few games - suddenly a few misses and you've gone half a season without scoring.

41 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

What I find sad is that he should be our city’s Maradona. Now he’s subject to all sorts of shit off our own fans. Some deserved but if there’s one player who needs slack 

Sorry but this is bollocks. No one is giving him shit, everyone is giving him the respect he deserves but simply pointing out that at wages of over £100k a week for a club our size it’s not sustainable for him to perform like he is. He’s not good enough anymore and his performances show that, either he retires or the manager needs to stop picking him. 

Just now, GingerrrFox said:

Sorry but this is bollocks. No one is giving him shit, everyone is giving him the respect he deserves but simply pointing out that at wages of over £100k a week for a club our size it’s not sustainable for him to perform like he is. He’s not good enough anymore and his performances show that, either he retires or the manager needs to stop picking him. 

I have heard audible abuse towards him at the KP and in away ends this season. 

• Sad 1