Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

7 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

I love him. Best Leicester striker I have seen comfortably in my generation for the last 30 years.

However, the time has come for him to hang up his boots at Leicester and go for one last pay day abroad. So sad saying those words 

The only reason you didn't make that very point at the end of the tenures of Puel and Ranieri is because he wasn't 36 then.

1 hour ago, Nod.E said:

The only reason you didn't make that very point at the end of the tenures of Puel and Ranieri is because he wasn't 36 then.

He's match stats were nowhere near as bad at the end of ranieri or puels reign as they are now. 

The worrying thing is not that he's missing chances.... It's that he's not even getting chances 

• Like 2

Just now, Harpenden Fox said:

Seems to run away from rather than towards goal scoring opportunities now. Bizarrely he seems to have lost all confidence despite what he has achieved. So sad to witness frankly

Not sure it's a confidence thing rather than an ability thing now tbh. I think all the red bull has caught up with him (and his age). He should hang his boots at the end of the season. Honestly I think he will. 

2 hours ago, dannythefox said:

Missed 5 clear chances all season. Yes he’s been off it but he puts two of them headers away today if he’s on the pitch. 

Problem is that he doesn't get into the positions to be able to put the headers away. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I can't see him turning his back on £7m in wages. I just can't.

Exactly. Didn't he sign a 2 year contract last August ? Mad, if true. 

£7m a year is crazy for a bit part player. I know he is a club legend, but that decision is baffling. 

8 hours ago, dbtcity said:

Good to see his disaster of a wife popping up again on social media going to war with another wag… the kind of women you wouldn’t want to be associated with at any point let alone when you’re a high profile footballer

She's an embarrassment.

Edited by BeautifulHB
  • Like 1

Can’t see him retire this season can see him wanting another before he hangs up his boots and hopefully take a coaching role with the club to pass on all his knowledge & skills to the young lads and help to improve Nacho & Patson can see him also going for his management badges too who knows a future Leicester boss?

Edited by justfoxes

I find it really hard to judge whether he's finished or not.  He certainly seems to have lost some speed and confidence, and maybe a bit of his aggression.

There are other factors apart from his age that may be contributing to his declining contribution this season.

1. He isn't being given the sort of service he likes.

2. He is playing in a poor, misfiring and badly set up team, with little consistency with the formation.

3.  He doesn't get enough consistent game time to build up a head of steam.

4. His missus ... enough said.

5.I can imagine he's not v enamoured with the manager.

etc

On the first point, there are many examples in the past but who can forget his record-breaking goal v Man U in 2015-6.  He pointed to where he wanted the ball and Fuchs, from just outside his own penalty area, launched an inch-perfect pass into Vardy's path just outside the opposing penalty area.  Having stolen a march on his defender Vardy rounded him easily and fired past the keeper.

Could he reproduce the same today given the right pass?  The jury's out as he has lost some of his speed but his running off the ball is probably more clever now than it was 7 years ago and if we could see a return of his aggression and determination then that would probably add a little more speed. 

The key is the direct ball out of defence that we seem unwilling to try at the moment and, incidentally, there would be more chance of Daka finding his shooting boots if that sort of ball were played up to him (and he ought to be able to learn a he'll of a lot from Vardy about angles of runs etc).

• Like 1

i love how some people are in somewhat denial to why his form has dropped.. hes 36 years old, his career is almost over, what you expect. another golden boot from him?. I havent seen alot of bashing of his performances this season which pleases me, gives me slight hope for this already embarrasing fanbase.

• Like 2

He wont walk away from the money here while its still on the table. He has to cough up £1.5m for Coleen Rooneys legal costs, plus hes had to pay for his wife's, you are looking at £2.5m or £5m of gross pay. Even by his standards it's extortionate.

I'm afraid to say this but I wouldn't be surprised within 5 years he's absolutely skint and it's his wife's fault, followed closely by him not getting shot of her.