Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

2 hours ago, Tommy G said:

He wont walk away from the money here while its still on the table. He has to cough up £1.5m for Coleen Rooneys legal costs, plus hes had to pay for his wife's, you are looking at £2.5m or £5m of gross pay. Even by his standards it's extortionate.

I'm afraid to say this but I wouldn't be surprised within 5 years he's absolutely skint and it's his wife's fault, followed closely by him not getting shot of her. 

one in three players are divorced within a year of retirement,  40% are bankrupt within 5 years.

The RNYFC news is a shame but ultimately hardly surprising. 

The Dworkins did not seem like they were cut out for this kind of work and I would hope the only solace for Vardy would be that his investment in this was relatively small.

The whole rebrand was terrible and the stadium situation was hopeless, too. 

It’s sad to think that Rochester had something pretty good brewing with the Rhinos and it all went to crap so quickly—with this rebrand flaming out even quicker than the first incarnation of the team did.

10 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Compared to the absolutely disgusting money we've wasted the last year or two - having our best ever player around for another year in the dressing room on a big wage isn't an issue to me at all. 

I completely agree with this. If he had gone somewhere else and ended up scoring 15 goals there would have been uproar. You can’t predict the future and I didn’t see many people complaining at the time. 

• Like 1

Don't know why Vardy didn't invest in local non league football, give something back to where it started for him. No idea what he's doing investing in random American teams.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Don't know why Vardy didn't invest in local non league football, give something back to where it started for him. No idea what he's doing investing in random American teams.

Good point tbf 

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

In his defence he’s not getting any of the service that we know he loves. We don’t look for his runs so he’s going to have to create his own chances, as Iheanacho has to do, and we know that’s not his game.

Id be interested with Vards and Kel up top.

At this stage I am not sure we can play him as our sole striker, legend that he is

21 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Sad to see but he’s a complete waste of a sub at the minute. Came on at 66 mins, had 8 touches and made 1 successful pass. Of those 8 touches he lost the ball 5 times :dunno:

He absolutely is and still, like clockwork, on he comes every week after 60 or 70 minutes to do a bit of pointing and get caught offside. Even in comparison to the rest of our team he looks uniquely unlikely to make anything happen and yet he's still played comfortably more minutes than Daka and Iheanacho.