Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

What makes him useless now is that not only can he not run in behind anymore, he can't even trap the ball to pass it to someone who is still a professional footballer. No idea why Rodgers is constantly bringing on him and Soumare, let alone getting the players to keep putting shite passes in behind in the desperate hope that he will reach them

We’re witnessing the end of Jamie Vardy in terms of Premier League football. 

In reality, he purchased the team in the US as a retirement project and a place to play. It hasn’t worked out and maybe that’s largely linked to the Rooney case. Either way, he’s still a wealthy man. 

I think the club will look to keep him

for another season, as with a minimum of 8 players already leaving, it just lessens the player churn that little bit. 

There was an article in the mail written by Tom Collamose a couple of days ago, unfortunately I tried to post the link but failed miserably 😂 

have a search, it’s a very interesting piece and the way it’s been written would suggest all is not well and Vardy is extremely frustrated by the tactics/style of play. It has definitely come from Vardy’s team or a club source supporting Vards. 

If someone does find it and knows how to post link that would great 👍🏼 

6 hours ago, TJQuik said:

What makes him useless now is that not only can he not run in behind anymore, he can't even trap the ball to pass it to someone who is still a professional footballer. No idea why Rodgers is constantly bringing on him and Soumare, let alone getting the players to keep putting shite passes in behind in the desperate hope that he will reach them

We've stopped putting any balls in behind from what I can see. We just build up slowly through the thirds with everything to feet these days.

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

There was an article in the mail written by Tom Collamose a couple of days ago, unfortunately I tried to post the link but failed miserably 😂 

have a search, it’s a very interesting piece and the way it’s been written would suggest all is not well and Vardy is extremely frustrated by the tactics/style of play. It has definitely come from Vardy’s team or a club source supporting Vards. 

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11871391/amp/Its-time-Jamie-Vardy-weigh-options-outside-Leicester.html

• Thanks 1

One thing is for sure…

I ain’t going to judge this legend based on this seasons calamity.

A clear Summer thoughts, he wants to stay..When fit and used correctly

hopefully by another manager,we could still see him in a short rekindled light.

At present our front 3 ,are on the border of just huffing & puffing,

and a unbalanced determined-survival presentation

He can still put in some above decent crosses,or work space for his fellow front man,but gets lost because not enough support pushing forward..

A striker is allowed to go through longer form drops,

so I don’t.agree he has lost it…but then again due to rampant chaos

I just don’t know if it’s old age,off-form,routine just can’t get started,

he has actually lost it,or not firing within himself,but I wouldn’t trust any

>dive for the negative,pessemistic POV< too much muddy water to make that too

earlier judgement.

I want us to get out of this mire first,and see what summer & next season brings,none of us earnt to sit in judgement over this legend…

keep repeating I told you so…doesn’t deserve to be wavered over him..

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Reckon this is his last season with us?

Hope he at least gets a proper send off at the KP least.

It’s been sad that the likes of Schmeichel, King, Morgan and Huth all didn’t. Maybe Albrighton too although if we get relegated I think he’ll come back into the side next season 

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

It’s been sad that the likes of Schmeichel, King, Morgan and Huth all didn’t. Maybe Albrighton too although if we get relegated I think he’ll come back into the side next season 

Big time. UFS hat on here, would love some ITK knowledge so we could see about the possibility of a tifo for the man.

• Like 1

My view FWIW - I agree his form has dropped off this year and he has missed some chances you would have expected him to have taken (Newcastle away for example) BUT I still don't think you can judge him based on this season. Off field issues presumably have had an effect on him (how could they not ) and the style of play has not suited him at all. We know his ability to stretch the pitch and pressurise teams is a great strength but we seem reluctant to play that long ball at all therefore nullifying one of his great strengths.

When he comes on he invariably a. lifts the tempo and aggression of the press and b. gets the crowd interested because of this.

If he has fallen out with Rodgers then that would also no doubt contribute to his lack of production.

Anyway I realise I am looking at him thru Jamie-Vardy-Legend-tinted specs but never mind - nothing he can do between now and when he finally leaves will change what I think of him ! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Buzzell said:

Reckon he will be here next season but can see that being his last, with him retiring here.

I cannot imagine him retiring here, the US or Middle East beckons for a year or two. That will also launch a post football reality TV/tabloids/gossip column career. There's big money to be made once he leaves Leicester

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sampson said:

With the exception of Schmeichel, for me it's a case of wanting to hold onto players too long, way past their sell by date. Ideally you'd say "this is the last season we expect top level performances" then let them go out and deliver and take the adulation at the end of the season.

We hold onto players desperately, watch them become faded versions of themselves and then there's not much cause for cheer or celebration after watching then put in sub par performances (when they're even fit enough to get onto the pitch). For me it'd kill the mood a bit if I'm trying to applaud someone who I've been recently having to watch struggle for 6-12 months. You either need to go out on a high or leave it for the dust to settle and come back.

Would be good if we could get a good portion of the title winning team back together to do a lap of the pitch at some point in the next 2/3 years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, browniefox said:

I'd like to see Vardy in a team set up to counter attack and get forward quickly again. Just to see if he is finished or is it just the style of play that's done this to him. 

I'm still on the fence. Don't think you lose what he had overnight. 

He's getting routinely outpaced by lumbering centre backs. He's deid. Needs putting out to pasture in the US of A

18 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Vardy cant go on forever so its a good thing we have only 2 other strikers.

Daka (shìt)

Iheanacho (shìt in Brendan's trainers)

Barnes is effectively a striker , its central strikers where we could do with reinforcement , ideally 1.90m and 90 kg like Haaland.. However Rodgers prefers strikers where he doesn't need a stool to stand on to talk to.