Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

14 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Barnes is effectively a striker , its central strikers where we could do with reinforcement , ideally 1.90m and 90 kg like Haaland.. However Rodgers prefers strikers where he doesn't need a stool to stand on to talk to.

It's funny you should say this but the more I watch Barnes the more I can see him potentially growing into that Vardy role. In hindsight it's a shame we didn't sign Lookman as he could have stepped into Barnes role to free him up playing through the centre. Having said the above I do think Barnes is quite wasteful at times so I'd like to see him work on his finishing if he was to step into that role. 

I’m very sad at how this season has turned out and more than disappointed with how our legends have departed without any fan fare. So many have left now we might as well do one big testimonial to the team of 15/16. Bring them all back one last time. I’m sure many tears will be shode.

as for Vardy he’s the last of the legends. Don’t like to see him suffer like this. Bang goes the movie prospect now also the moment has been lost.

one final twist remains - can we survive relegation?

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

I’m very sad at how this season has turned out and more than disappointed with how our legends have departed without any fan fare. So many have left now we might as well do one big testimonial to the team of 15/16. Bring them all back one last time. I’m sure many tears will be shode.

as for Vardy he’s the last of the legends. Don’t like to see him suffer like this. Bang goes the movie prospect now also the moment has been lost.

one final twist remains - can we survive relegation?

We’d have turned full circle if Vardy leaves as he found us. 

We’ll look back in a few years and wonder if we’d just had a 10 year dream

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I cannot imagine him retiring here, the US or Middle East beckons for a year or two. That will also launch a post football reality TV/tabloids/gossip column career. There's big money to be made once he leaves Leicester

Think this could be right. If we are relegated he will go in the summer as we won't be able to afford him. If we stay up and Rodgers is still here he will go in the summer.

7 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

The strange this is , he really hasn't changed much. Slightly slower but still pretty quick. The technique is still intact. Its more his head and focus that has gone not his body.

And just maybe disillusioned with BR!!!

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

The strange this is , he really hasn't changed much. Slightly slower but still pretty quick. The technique is still intact. Its more his head and focus that has gone not his body.

The technique 😳 touch of a donkey this seasons. Trampoline feet I’m afraid.

still love him, but come on

On 28/03/2023 at 18:52, An Sionnach said:

Not sure that's correct. He's noticeably slower. Touch is generally poor. Missing chances he used to score.

Let's not forget this isn't his first bad season for us. His first season wasn't great and that was mainly a mental thing. 

I don't think anyone can blame him for his head not being in the game with everything going on off and on the pitch. It's not a great situation at the club and he isn't the only one struggling with form. 

I just dearly hope a change of manager could give everyone, but especially Vardy, a massive lift to kick on and in Vardy's case finish his career in style.

I do wonder how different the season would have turned out had that penalty early on not been overturned, I can't remember who it was against, Vardy sticks that one away and he's off the mark.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

Vardy is my favourite ever Leicester player.

Primarily because he opted to stay at the club when he could have signed for Arsenal.

That shows true loyalty.

He also got the longest continual goal scoring record in the Premiership, was crucial to the title winning side and scored that brilliant solo effort at West Brom during the previous season, which I still believe kick-started the great escape off.

But it’s over for him now as a top striker. It’s not sad to see really, it’s understandable.

At 36 he was never going to continue to be as deadly because his game is all about pace and harassing opposition defenders.

If he was a big lump of a striker he’d probably still score a few, cos he’d get his head on the end of at least some crosses.

But you can’t still play like he has done for years when you reach the mid 30’s and above.

Love him, true true legend of Leicester City football club. 
He needs a big and proper send off when he finally hangs up his boots.

20 hours ago, TJQuik said:

He's 36 years old. Sorry but he's not coming back.

Its arguable that Stan Matthews was in his prime at 36 and Real can't find anybody nearly good enough to pension off Modric at 37. Vardy does need a fresh motivator but I am far from convinced he is finished.

12 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Its arguable that Stan Matthews was in his prime at 36 and Real can't find anybody nearly good enough to pension off Modric at 37. Vardy does need a fresh motivator but I am far from convinced he is finished.

Difference is that Vardys main threat is his burst of pace. Inevitable that you lose that with age. Modric is about the close ball control and movement. So that's something you don't tend to lose with age. As much as it pains me to say it, I fear that Vardy has indeed had his best day with us and is not the right person going forward. 

44 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Difference is that Vardys main threat is his burst of pace. Inevitable that you lose that with age. Modric is about the close ball control and movement. So that's something you don't tend to lose with age. As much as it pains me to say it, I fear that Vardy has indeed had his best day with us and is not the right person going forward. 

I agree his best days are over but for some reason (wife or Rodgers) , he is just off it right now. He has been one of Europe's great strikers and you don't lose that overnight. He can still score vital goals for us if the general malaise at LCFC is lifted. The responsibility for that is now mainly down to Top.

• Thanks 1