Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

As much as i agree that hes finished playing at the top level, when is the last time hes had a proper oppurtunity to score? I cant remember him being put through or set up in months. None of our strikers have scored many this year, the problem is the service and the system imo. Dont think having KDH playing an advanced midfielder role helps that with his massively lacking vision or ability to thread a pass through. Would love to see the stats for how many touches we average in the opponents box because it cant be many

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1

No more time for sentimentality. He’s our

greatest ever and there will be a time for proper appreciation but not in the middle of a relegation battle. He shouldnt be starting for us as first choice ever again now. 

• Like 1

Absolutely pointless playing him as a lone striker now. Running around chasing shadows. 

The tactic to press in their box but let them amble about further up was so confusing. 

He's nowhere near the striker he used to be and needs support, not isolation. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

As much as i agree that hes finished playing at the top level, when is the last time hes had a proper oppurtunity to score? I cant remember him being put through or set up in months. None of our strikers have scored many this year, the problem is the service and the system imo. Dont think having KDH playing an advanced midfielder role helps that with his massively lacking vision or ability to thread a pass through. Would love to see the stats for how many touches we average in the opponents box because it cant be many

He missed great chances at Newcastle in the cup.

edit: And that’s off the top of my head. The narrative that our strikers haven’t had chances isn’t true.

Edited by Fox92

6 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

A ball was put across the 6 yard box from the left which he should have got on the end of last night. He’d have scored that 3 years ago. He’s done unfortunately. 

Edited by GingerrrFox
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Absolutely pointless playing him as a lone striker now. Running around chasing shadows. 

The tactic to press in their box but let them amble about further up was so confusing. 

He's nowhere near the striker he used to be and needs support, not isolation. 

It’s been pointless all season. None of our strikers are suited for the sole striker role. 

• Like 1

I made the point last night in another thread, he can't play the lone striker role anymore (in fact, I don't think any of our strikers can), he needs support and I don't know why they still persist with one up front. We haven't actually changed our tactics or attempted to try 2 up front for a different approach for more than 30 minutes whilst chasing a game. We need to do something, I'd rather we tried something different last night and lost than lose with a set up as if Rodgers was still in charge. The only thing different was there seemed to be a bit more urgency from a couple of players.

• Like 1

I don't see the point in playing him anymore in the current setup as I can't see him scoring, although I don't think the others have many chances either. I don't actually think it's all down to vardy or his age as some make out. Look at the goals he was scoring only last season even though he was injured and to drop off so much in months is not right. I just don't think there's any one in the team that is consistent in playing good balls through to the strikers, most of the time Barnes and Madison just shoot themselves, watch all the strikers they make runs but 90% of the time the  ball never goes to them.

2 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

A ball was put across the 6 yard box from the left which he should have got on the end of last night. He’d have scored that 3 years ago. He’s done unfortunately. 

The one where Barnes was offside cos he was five yards forward of everyone else? 

He's been stinking for a while but I thought last night he was okay

He showed much more leadership and fight last night than at any point this season when he's been on the pitch. Giving instructions to players, a little pep talk to KDH when he got sent off and interactions with the fans. Of course, that matters little when we're desperate for goals and results, but it's clear that he was up for it and knew what last night meant to the club and supporters. 

For me, his future here for the next nine games is either in a two with Iheanacho, or an impact sub. He just isn't effective anymore as a lone striker, and especially not with a midfield three behind him of Ndidi, Mendy and KDH, who do not / cannot play progressive through balls. 

Its like watching an iconic figure like Muhammad Ali in his last few fights.

Hope he hangs up his boots for the sake of his legendary status at the club.

so sad to see.

7 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Feel bad for Vardy, lost two yards of pace, some of his energy and it basically kills his game. For me, Iheanacho has to start every game. He’s our only striker that regularly has opportunities to score. 

Nacho can hold the ball up as well and link up with others. Watching Daka is like bambi on ice at times. If he hasn't got an immediate shot on, he'll lose it

• Like 1

I feel for him, but the Premier League has adapted and JV has gotten slower with age.

This results in a mostly-ineffective Vardy, who now looks isolated and chases hopeful balls with little success.

It's now border-lining on pointless playing him at all, but says a lot about Iheanacho and Daka if he starts in front of them.

The GOAT, he will always be. But this fall from grace, very sad to see.