Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

12 hours ago, SK3Blue said:

All the nonsense with his missus didn't help, but there's nothing left in the tank now and having been smashed to bits in non league in his early career, I dare say he's feeling it now and probably playing with pain being managed. 

it’s his hips.

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

He hasn’t even got the Rhinos option now, so probably be stuck with him till the end of his contract 

When's that film coming out about his rise to stardom?..

As Vardy sat on the bench today, after the final whistle had gone. He had the look of a player who had realised the game has passed him by.

We’ve seen it before in past legends of the game, as they know it’s time to hang up the boots. 
I fully expect Vardy to announce either his retirement or one last go playing for his team in America before the end of the season.

A real shame if he has to go out with a whimper, a true legend of the club and our greatest ever player.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

As Vardy sat on the bench today, after the final whistle had gone. He had the look of a player who had realised the game has passed him by.

We’ve seen it before in past legends of the game, as they know it’s time to hang up the boots. 
I fully expect Vardy to announce either his retirement or one last go playing for his team in America before the end of the season.

A real shame if he has to go out with a whimper, a true legend of the club and our greatest ever player.

Would be quite fitting (in a sad way) for his final season and on a rapid downward spiral for us to get relegated. He’s dragged us through so much over the years and will forever be a club legend regardless of what happens to us as a club.

I had a small glimmer of hope that it was Rodgers that had completely stifled him, but I think he just doesn't have it anymore. Speed and aggression were his key attributes and he has lost both. Hope he still manages to score 2-3 goals before the end of the season, but only from the bench. It has to be Daka Iheanacho partnership for the remaining games. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Saw that but I'm not convinced any leicester fans were actually bothered by this. He could have said anything. Probably said go easy on us and don't score too many or something like that. Or perhaps he said great assist by Dewsbury Hall wasn't it. 

I know it’s been said by others but watching our GOAT fall from grace so dramatically is truly depressing.

It’s definitely the incontinent family dog analogy happening.

I know they did it for positive PR but the contract extension so early on in the season is ANOTHER sign of our sentimental and unprofessional high level leadership.

6 hours ago, Molson Canadian said:

His team in America has folded and ceased operations. Not a good investment for him hopefully he didn’t loose too much on the deal. 

Probably lost more on his wife’s court case than the football team in the states !

So sad to see Vardy the way he is now to how he was and he’s lost his lightning speed and finishing unfortunately age comes to us all his injuries have taken there toll, I just wish managers would just use him as an impact sub rather than starting him and playing him for 60+ minutes the guy is a GOAT and will always be in our hearts but like a lot it’s awful to say but time for him to step aside starting and give Daka & Nacho a start just hope Deano can see this and not hang onto the Vardy of how he was !

Edited by justfoxes
  • Like 1

He contributes so little. If we're gonna play one then it has to be Kelechi.

There was a time in the game where Maddison played it in to Vardy, wanting the one two, and Vardy went back. Awful to see.

On 09/04/2023 at 00:42, Aus Fox said:

His American teams gone  bust matey 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

It’s honestly staggering that the new management team could watch him against Bournemouth and then think it’s a good idea to start him yesterday. He offers absolutely nothing. So sad watching him 😕

The one downside to shakey coming back. He still thinks it's 2017.

Without his explosiveness he’s just not the same player. He’s never been the most well rounded so he’s ineffective now sadly.

As soon as Iheanacho is on the pitch he makes things happen. His link up play opens up the whole pitch for us. Kel’s not the most economical he contributes a hell of a lot 

• Like 2