Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

40 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

It’s honestly staggering that the new management team could watch him against Bournemouth and then think it’s a good idea to start him yesterday. He offers absolutely nothing. So sad watching him 😕

I said it before the game. Shakespeare will use every last bit of influence he’s got to make sure Vardy gets minutes. 

The only way Vardy is going to come good is if he’s in a two and even then its still a huge risk. Age has caught him, no shame in it. 

• Like 1

Gone is that aggression and never say die attitude. Just his presence terrified defenders. Not anymore, Vardy our greatest striker, is more of a hindrance now. Hopefully Smith has seen enough in 45mins to not start him again this season.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Dames said:

I said it before the game. Shakespeare will use every last bit of influence he’s got to make sure Vardy gets minutes. 

The only way Vardy is going to come good is if he’s in a two and even then it’s still a huge risk. Age has caught him, no shame in it. 

If Shakespeare took the job for an old boys reunion he shouldn’t be here

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dames said:

The only way Vardy is going to come good is if he’s in a two and even then its still a huge risk. Age has caught him, no shame in it. 

Shakey will do what’s best for the team and Vardy definitely isn’t that. He won’t start the next game I can guarantee it. 
Vardy is our greatest of all time. Even the greats such as Ronaldo would struggle up front on their own in this team at the age of 36. It’s just asking too much of him. We need to stop having a nostalgic view of him, hoping he can come good again. He can’t, it’s not his fault, he’s 36!!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

The only think more annoying than Brendan's clap in the past 12 months is Vardy's thumb up and walking paced jog after not being in the right place (onside) to receive a pass

Or giving that thumbs up to a shit pass that he ran for but was always going out of play or to the opposition keeper.

Can we all please just stop posting about him being past it in this thread. I think we can all agree all the signs are he's done for at the top level. We don't need 5 pages of people saying it over and over again.

Edited by Captain...
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

Can we all please just stop posting about him being past it in this thread. I think we can all agree all the signs are he's done for at the top level. We don't need 5 pages of people saying it over and over again.

Who died and made you captain?:P

Not saying I don’t want him to score at the King Power again this season but I currently own the last shirt he scored in there 😶.

Joking aside, we knew the day would come and most knew we were that I’ll prepared that we would see the struggle we have seen as a result.

17 hours ago, hejammy said:

What Dean Smith and Co should have learnt today was that Vardy is now just not good enough, yes it pains everyone to say and admit this, but it's sadly true. Maybe a cameo appearance here and there but he's just got the Vardy of old and sadly will never be again. Time for Nacho to start and maybe even alongside Daka. Let them form a partnership. Please DS, CS and JT, don't let sentiment get in the way, Jamie - we love you, but you have to step aside to help us stay in this league. 

Exactly this. Maybe there's the odd scenario in a two but starting him as a lone striker is just pointless. Basically I think if he starts as a lone striker v Wolves I'm pretty certain we'll drop. That will prove sentiment is overruling logic.

More concerning, is he seems incapable of even influencing a game from off the bench. I always thought this season would be one where he would have 20-30 minute appearances from the bench and be able to maintain a high energy and aggression for those shorter spells, and really have an impact. However, he seems to not even have that left in the tank either. It really has been a drop off a cliff in terms of ability to influence games. 

I just hope he somehow finds something that gets him going to get some vital goals from now until the end of the season. It is looking very unlikely though, and he should definitely not be starting games when we have Daka and Iheanacho fit and ready. 

2 hours ago, Captain... said:

Likely it persists whilst he is starting tbh