Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

12 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

No it doesn't. Newcastle away in the League Cup he was brought on because we needed a goal and he missed a chance from about 3 yards out. The whole "he never has any chances" isn't true.

The week before against Fulham his finishing was also diabolical by his standards, albeit not as bad as Perez in that game.

• Like 1

Apparently he’s featured in 30/31 prem games this season? That’s shocking considering how little he offers at present.

I love the man but he should be a pit part player now. Iheanacho and Daka are the ones that should be playing a part in every game, preferably as a pairing for me.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

No it doesn't. Newcastle away in the League Cup he was brought on because we needed a goal and he missed a chance from about 3 yards out. The whole "he never has any chances" isn't true.

The point I am making you are missing….

one swallow doesn’t make a summer of rythm..

To find rythme by definition, is having regular opportunities..and meshing with same consistent team mates,  which he/we haven’t had..!!

4 hours ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Apparently he’s featured in 30/31 prem games this season? That’s shocking considering how little he offers at present.

I love the man but he should be a pit part player now. Iheanacho and Daka are the ones that should be playing a part in every game, preferably as a pairing for me.

Daka is absolutely appalling

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

Daka is absolutely appalling

Maybe so but he's managed more goal contributions in considerably fewer minutes than Vardy this season and there is at least a slight possibility he might develop and improve. Apart from sentiment and blind faith i.e. the things that have led us the brink of relegation I can't think of any good reason why he shouldn't be playing ahead of Vardy, though if we're playing one up front then neither of them should be starting many games.

• Like 2

On 19/04/2023 at 07:52, westernpark said:

The week before against Fulham his finishing was also diabolical by his standards, albeit not as bad as Perez in that game.

His finishing is definitely off, and with the dearth of chances he gets he's struggled to play himself into form.

11 big chances missed between the pair of them but sure, there's been no service.

I've no doubt he's capable of running onto the odd ball like Smith suggests and I've no doubt he can nick one here and there but Bournemouth and Villa were defending on the halfway line because they know he isn't running behind them, he hasn't got his pace and he's not a threat. Vardy has had a horrible season. It's a plain and simple fact.

chances.JPG

5 hours ago, iancognito said:

11 big chances missed between the pair of them but sure, there's been no service.

I've no doubt he's capable of running onto the odd ball like Smith suggests and I've no doubt he can nick one here and there but Bournemouth and Villa were defending on the halfway line because they know he isn't running behind them, he hasn't got his pace and he's not a threat. Vardy has had a horrible season. It's a plain and simple fact.

chances.JPG

The season he won the golden boot he missed 18 big chances.

To suggest the service has anything other then rancid is simply not true.

Toney has missed 16 this season.

Watkins 16

Adam 10

Mitrovic 10

Edited by coolhandfox

Teams play on the half way line because they know we don't attack quickly so they don't need to sit deep, the fear of Vardy has been diminished due to him not being utilised as he should be. 

Play him in a 2 and get the ball forward quickly and watch the goals/assists come. 

Vardy took a while to adapt to Brendan ball, then he started bagging, then Brendan went full Brendan and shouldn't have even played strikers. I still feel Vardy can go on to score if the set up is correct and we play to his strengths and give him a strike partner. 

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

To suggest the service has anything other then rancid is simple not true.

Watkins 16

Adam 10

Mitrovic 10

I thought oh he has missed 6 big chances that sounds a lot but when you have put it into perspective of 18 missed in the golden boot season, an when I think 6 chances in 30 games. I'd imagine someone who knows they are nearing the end of their career getting 1 big chance every 5 games is going to make you edgy to take it, when it does actually come around.

• Like 1

The contract extension a few games in to this season was absolutely absurd. Was a reduction in pay included? He's clearly loyal to the club, even if he bagged 15 again this season we could offer him a contract around about now and he'd more than likely except it, only risk would be MLS clubs I imagine. And then so what? No one in this league would snap him up for us to regret not offering him a contract 

Just now, Stinky said:

The contract extension a few games in to this season was absolutely absurd. Was a reduction in pay included? He's clearly loyal to the club, even if he bagged 15 again this season we could offer him a contract around about now and he'd more than likely except it, only risk would be MLS clubs I imagine. And then so what? No one in this league would snap him up for us to regret not offering him a contract 

He just come of the back of a 15 goal season, has been a loyal servant to the club for 11 seasons and had turned down opportunities to say here.

He's new contract was reduced term from what I've been told, it's only add one season.

People take about loyalty from players but sometimes a club has to show loyalty.

Maybe he's done but if anyone has done enough to be looked after by the club its Vardy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

To suggest the service has anything other then rancid is simple not true.

Watkins 16

Adam 10

Mitrovic 10

You can miss a few if you're banging them in. He missed 22 big chances in 15/16. It's why that idiot Owen suggested he wasn't a natural goalscorer. In any case the service can't be that woeful when Barnes and Maddison are both in double figures for the season. The other figure to look at is Shot Success where he's on 5%. Maddison, Barnes and even Iheanacho are well ahead of him. Shot Accuracy is poor too. Twice against Bournemouth Harvey swings a ball across the box, twice he misses his header by a yard because there's no anticipation. Similar against Villa. I think Maddison put a ball across the box and Vardy was on his heels.

I'm not saying we're Brazil 1970 but even from 19 shots you'd expect him to be on 5 or 6. His numbers are woeful and if you watch him live he's losing the sharpness. I'd love him to be the saviour in these last few games but we're not in a position where we can keep hoping he comes good. 1 goal in 30 games / 6 months is pretty indefensible.

9 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

He just come of the back of a 15 goal season, has been a loyal servant to the club for 11 seasons and had turned down opportunities to say here.

He's new contract was reduced term from what I've been told, it's only add one season.

People take about loyalty from players but sometimes a club has to show loyalty.

Maybe he's done but if anyone has done enough to be looked after by the club its Vardy.

Is an example of a club showing loyalty really paying someone 100k to do sod all for a season? (Not even talking about near year) I get what you're saying if he was on maybe 25k but 100k is huge. He's 36 now isn't he? You have to take it year by year at that age surely

The club repaid him for his loyalty with numerous contract extensions and wage increases 

Edited by Stinky

8 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Is an example of a club showing loyalty really paying someone 100k to do sod all for a season? (Not even talking about near year) I get what you're saying if he was on maybe 25k but 100k is huge. He's 36 now isn't he? You have to take it year by year at that age surely

The club repaid him for his loyalty with numerous contract extensions and wage increases 

Of course why didn't they hop into their time machine and see he was going to have a stinker this season. 

It's not rocket surgery to understand why the club offered a 15 goal striker a contract extension.

3 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Of course why didn't they hop into their time machine and see he was going to have a stinker this season. 

It's not rocket surgery to understand why the club offered a 15 goal striker a contract extension.

At the age of 35/36 on 100k? It's dumb. 

Like I already said we could have held off until this time or year, if he's scored some goals and not showed any obvious signs of decline then great, offer a contract. He ain't gonna say no. And if he does then whatever, it's extremely unlikely it will come back to directly haunt us, and by that I mean he joins a rival and scores shedloads, helping them pip us to a European spot. He would either retire or go abroad.