Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

2 hours ago, iancognito said:

You can miss a few if you're banging them in. He missed 22 big chances in 15/16. It's why that idiot Owen suggested he wasn't a natural goalscorer. In any case the service can't be that woeful when Barnes and Maddison are both in double figures for the season. The other figure to look at is Shot Success where he's on 5%. Maddison, Barnes and even Iheanacho are well ahead of him. Shot Accuracy is poor too. Twice against Bournemouth Harvey swings a ball across the box, twice he misses his header by a yard because there's no anticipation. Similar against Villa. I think Maddison put a ball across the box and Vardy was on his heels.

I'm not saying we're Brazil 1970 but even from 19 shots you'd expect him to be on 5 or 6. His numbers are woeful and if you watch him live he's losing the sharpness. I'd love him to be the saviour in these last few games but we're not in a position where we can keep hoping he comes good. 1 goal in 30 games / 6 months is pretty indefensible.

How many goals has Maddison scored that have been clean chances more often than not his scoring from outside the box.

You can miss chances when your team is creating them.

Even if he scores those those 6 big chances he only on 7 goals.

I'm not saying his playing just disagree with you comment about service.

2 hours ago, Stinky said:

Is an example of a club showing loyalty really paying someone 100k to do sod all for a season? (Not even talking about near year) I get what you're saying if he was on maybe 25k but 100k is huge. He's 36 now isn't he? You have to take it year by year at that age surely

The club repaid him for his loyalty with numerous contract extensions and wage increases 

He had one year left on his contract, which is this season.

He's was on 140k, the club negotiation was to reduce his salary this season and give him a extra year.

If he's on 140k that's around 7.2m for the season which we would have had to pay regardless.

If he reduced 100k for his extension over the 2 years he's 10.4m over 2 years so it's cost us 3.2m.

Hardly the biggest gamble the club has made.

They tried to do the same with Kasper.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

How many goals has Maddison scored that have been clean chances more often than not his scoring from outside the box.

You can miss chances when your team is creating them.

Even if he scores those those 6 big chances he only on 7 goals.

I'm not saying his playing just disagree with you comment about service.

6 big chances for the amount of minutes he's played is very poor. It's a combination of the service he's getting and the moves he's making.

Looking at the stats above Daka and Nacho haven't had a huge amount of big chances so there is clearly a chance creation problem. This doesn't mean that Vardy isn't to blame, but he's not really getting the chances to play himself into form.

Just now, Captain... said:

6 big chances for the amount of minutes he's played is very poor. It's a combination of the service he's getting and the moves he's making.

Looking at the stats above Daka and Nacho haven't had a huge amount of big chances so there is clearly a chance creation problem. This doesn't mean that Vardy isn't to blame, but he's not really getting the chances to play himself into form.

No doubt all 3 could do better, but watching us all season, out strikers make a run only to turn around and realise the ball back with the keeper or CB.

After a while they just stop making runs.

Just now, coolhandfox said:

No doubt all 3 could do better, but watching us all season, out strikers make a run only to turn around and realise the ball back with the keeper or CB.

After a while they just stop making runs.

For sure, it's been crap all round.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

He had one year left on his contract, which is this season.

He's was on 140k, the club negotiation was to reduce his salary this season and give him a extra year.

If he's on 140k that's around 7.2m for the season which we would have had to pay regardless.

If he reduced 100k for his extension over the 2 years he's 10.4m over 2 years so it's cost us 3.2m.

Hardly the biggest gamble the club has made.

They tried to do the same with Kasper.

Granted 3.2m isn't going to get us a top player, for a club supposedly tight on money these days it's still careless. Again we're not talking about a player that is desperate to leave or will have clubs queuing up to sign him up on a free had we not offered the extension already. 

9 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Granted 3.2m isn't going to get us a top player, for a club supposedly tight on money these days it's still careless. Again we're not talking about a player that is desperate to leave or will have clubs queuing up to sign him up on a free had we not offered the extension already. 

On the basis of a poor season, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

If he was sitting here with 15-18 goals as leaving for free in the summer people would have said the opposite.

Contract extensions are a calculated risk.

I'd be more critical of the club for allowing players like Tielemans and Soyuncu run down there contracts.

If we sold them 2 season against for what we paid that 58m in the bank, which makes the 3 odd on Vardy look like chump change.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

On the basis of a poor season, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

If he was sitting here with 15-18 goals as leaving for free in the summer people would have said the opposite.

Contract extensions are a calculated risk.

I'd be more critical of the club for allowing players like Tielemans and Soyuncu run down there contracts.

If we sold them 2 season against for what we paid that 58m in the bank, which makes the 3 odd on Vardy look like chump change.

It's not necessarily hindsight, my entire point is that there was next to no risk waiting until we're deeper into the season to offer a contract extension if he deserves it. And again at the risk of repeating myself, if he scored 10-15 goals and lost him, what PL club is realistically going to sign him and punish us in doing so? If he sods off to the States he won't hurt us. He's going to decline at some point sooner rather than later, I don't see the need to be irate that we've let him go while he's still scoring goals instead of tying him down to a relatively long term contract (for a 36yo) and allowing him to decline on our watch just because he's been loyal. 

Do need to state that he is my favourite footballer, I've not always had a vendetta against the guy lol I'd love for him to prove prove his worth again 

What the club have done with Tielemans and Soyuncu is similarly stupid

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stinky said:

It's not necessarily hindsight, my entire point is that there was next to no risk waiting until we're deeper into the season to offer a contract extension if he deserves it. And again at the risk of repeating myself, if he scored 10-15 goals and lost him, what PL club is realistically going to sign him and punish us in doing so? If he sods off to the States he won't hurt us. He's going to decline at some point sooner rather than later, I don't see the need to be irate that we've let him go while he's still scoring goals instead of tying him down to a relatively long term contract (for a 36yo) and allowing him to decline on our watch just because he's been loyal. 

Do need to state that he is my favourite footballer, I've not always had a vendetta against the guy lol I'd love for him to prove prove his worth again 

What the club have done with Tielemans and Soyuncu is similarly stupid

I agree with all of this. I wonder if we manage to stay up we may convince one or two of the ones we want to keep to stay under new management and get some money back.. Either way we need to spot some good young talent. Particularly a striker. The way soyuncu has strolled back in shows how criminal his being left out in the cold has been. Just hearing his song sung again makes me feel better about things. Shame we are not playing United again. 

We will never be able to replace Vardy, even if by some chance we found another gem he'd be snapped up pretty much straight away. Vardy's loyalty deserved the contract extension and I'm sure he has another goal or 2 in him this season. That said, play Nacho first!! 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, hejammy said:

A couple of times I thought he should have had a shot, prime Vardy would have but instead he decides to pass. Clearly not having scored for such a long time is playing on his mind. 

Just shows when confidence levels are low, even a seasoned pro like Vardy who's scored 100s goals can get the yips in front of goal. He would've definitely took the tete chance himself in previous seasons and scored. I just hope Daka can learn from the maestro, like Vardy himself did from Kevin Philips.