Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That's how I read it too. 

I'm really intrigued to hear the fall out from this season. I think with the number we have leaving in summer, we'll hear a lot. 

You wonder if that's why BR hasn't gotten another job/offers due to the behind the scenes stuff. 

No surprise we have started playing the quick ball 10-15 yard balls behind the opposition's back four again in the final 3rd, and instantly Vardy looks a better player.

Look back over 19/20, 20/21, and 21-22, and he scored many similar goals or fox-in-the-box type finish.

People think he's done because he no longer can beat every defender to that 40-50 yard punt over the top.

Play like we have in the last two games and create those sorts of chances and Vardy can still have an excellent final 12- 14 months of his LCFC career. 

• Like 4

Those comments after the game shows that something went off behind the scenes. Wouldn’t be surprised if they fell out after he was subbed on that United game at home where you could see he wasn’t happy with Rodgers, and subsequently hardly played him again. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Think that quote is being taken out of context by BBC and twitter etc - looks to just be a response to a question about how scoring after such a long draught feels - and the inference being that he'd want to swear 

Yep that's how I interpreted it too. Would love it to be a dig but don't think he'll break code on air like that

Edited by moseeds
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Think that quote is being taken out of context by BBC and twitter etc - looks to just be a response to a question about how scoring after such a long draught feels - and the inference being that he'd want to swear 

Nah, it’s a clear dig especially with his reference to attacking one box and defending the other 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1