Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

4 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Think that quote is being taken out of context by BBC and twitter etc - looks to just be a response to a question about how scoring after such a long draught feels - and the inference being that he'd want to swear 

It’s clearly this.

Dunno why so many are reaching for another cryptic stick to beat bodgers with when there are so many in plain sight!

• Like 1

Just watched a replay of his goal celebration, starting with his run past Leeds fans. I’m a skilled lip reader and can confirm he actually surprisingly focused on the forthcoming coronation by declaring “For King One Cares” and he really seemed to mean it, who’d have thought!

• Haha 4

Why oh why did he not take the pen? 135 PL goals, a PL trophy, our greatest ever player (and a missed pen or even relegation is not going to change that) and he's not demanding the ball in these high risk situations.

I dont know why his confidence is so low right now but he really needs to take more responsibility in this team as he's one of the only players we have who has proven he can perform in these high pressure situations.

• Like 2

Thought he was very good today, honestly. Still underestimated because of his story, he is still our most talented player. Hoping this son of Yorkshire has one final goal scoring run in him to make our summer glorious.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raj said:

If only he dunked that lob in and took the penalty...

Or buried that sitter that was cleared off the line. Madders gets ripped, but Vardy is just as guilty if we're going by missed chances.

25 minutes ago, ScotFox1 said:

I hope Vardy continues in this vein and finally tells us in some media format in the future what he couldn't say in the TV interview last week....

I guess we all know though!!

There really isn't anything to add. It's clear he was frustrated, with the entire situation probably. Stop thinking there was anything nefarious here.

It'll turn into a new "snakes" thing if people keep feeding this non-story.

Need him to stay fit all season. If Daka plays like he did yesterday there's no chance we stay up with Iheanacho out too. 

Good job it's just a game per week. Get him in the cryo-chamber things every week! 

• Like 2

It's the intensity in his play that was missing. Making those runs and being decisive in his decision making. I have no problem with the lob as it was decisive like he was a few years back. 

Rodgers must have told him to support the play more, but it's the raw pace of Vardy running towards you that scares the opposition and creates chances. We need that in the situation we're in.