Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

8 hours ago, shailen said:

It's the intensity in his play that was missing. Making those runs and being decisive in his decision making. I have no problem with the lob as it was decisive like he was a few years back. 

Rodgers must have told him to support the play more, but it's the raw pace of Vardy running towards you that scares the opposition and creates chances. We need that in the situation we're in. 

We're playing up the pitch quicker, meandering around with the ball forever in front of the opposition really wasn't helping, so we're creating a bit more space.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We're playing up the pitch quicker, meandering around with the ball forever in front of the opposition really wasn't helping, so we're creating a bit more space.

Funny as people said it but Rodgers removed the shackles that Puel put on Vardy.

Yet this season, Rodgers did exactly the same due to the pedestrian build up play.

6 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Funny as people said it but Rodgers removed the shackles that Puel put on Vardy.

Yet this season, Rodgers did exactly the same due to the pedestrian build up play.

According to an article in the Athletic Rodgers actually asked Vardy to stop making runs in behind as he's too slow now, so it's more than just the pedestrian build up play that was holding him back.

Edited by honeybradger

2 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

According to an article in the Athletic Rodgers actually asked Vardy to stop making runs in behind as he's too slow now, so it's more than just the pedestrian build up play that was holding him back.

He doesn't look too slow to me - His goal and celebration at Leeds he was bloody grease lightening 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

He doesn't look too slow to me - His goal and celebration at Leeds he was bloody grease lightening 

I didnt say he was, just that Rodgers believed there was no value in Vardy making runs behind anymore because of this perceived slowness.

Edited by honeybradger

Just now, honeybradger said:

I didnt say he was, just that Rodgers believed there was no value in Vardy making runs behind anymore.

Yes I was just pointing out more Brendan twonkness - Did he get anything right in the last 18 months of his tenure? 

He definitely has the echo of Taylor about him - Almost a total fraud 

• Like 4

On 07/05/2023 at 10:43, Oxfordfox83 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.fbae15ea21990268b4ab284b9ece559f.jpeg7 times in 18 years a non-Rich 6 player has got 20 in a season. Our boy was 3 of them…

And if someone buys Toney he’s probably gonna cost 50 or 60m, shows what we’ve had for these years in Vardy and that for us to replace those figures in the premier league was gonna be nigh on impossible.

Edited by Hamilton Fox

Also, may be getting too ahead of myself here… but I genuinely believe if we look to go into next season being the counter attacking Leicester we were known for; Vardy will still score goals. I also think it would be better for the likes of Daka who although isn’t rapid as we thought, clearly his game is playing on the last man

I think we need to talk about what happens to Vardy at the end of the season. 
One year left on his contract, no way can we support anyone on £100,000 a week + in the championship, especially a player that isn’t going to impact every game and win games on his own like has previously.

It has been great to see him scoring again and remembering how good he has been, but if and when we’re confirmed relegated, we willl need to work out a deal .

This may see him playing for another club in the Premier League and that would hurt.