Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I think we need to talk about what happens to Vardy at the end of the season. 
One year left on his contract, no way can we support anyone on £100,000 a week + in the championship, especially a player that isn’t going to impact every game and win games on his own like has previously.

It has been great to see him scoring again and remembering how good he has been, but if and when we’re confirmed relegated, we willl need to work out a deal .

This may see him playing for another club in the Premier League and that would hurt.

All contracts at the club will have relegation cut clauses. Its what every club in the Premier League will make sure is on any players contract. I'm sure of it. Even for a director of football who oversees us faxing documents too late for players. I'm still sure it'll be in there.

So then the question will be for Vardy, does he want to spend a year trying to get us back up on significantly less money or go to the MLS with Rebekah and stay on same wages as now. 

I think we know the answer, it's.... 

Guest Col city fan

Jamie’s still trying.

Blue blood courses through his veins. You can see he’s frustrated and confused at the same time. Having played in a title winning side, to now having to almost chase lost causes.

This era in City’s past will stick in my memory as the time that we had one of the greatest goal scorers in the history of the Premier League and particularly for a player who chose to stay at Leicester when he could have joined Arsenal.

Vardy has given the club absolutely everything, every time he’s donned the shirt. I can’t recall him not putting a shift in. Sure, he’s had bad games, like all players do, but that’s never been for the want of trying his best.

Vardy is my favourite ever City player and a true legend of the club. I’ll miss watching him when he finally hangs up his boots. 

Edited by Col city fan

5 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

This may see him playing for another club in the Premier League and that would hurt.

It'd be less hurtful for those of us who only watch Leicester games and aren't interested in other matches, and so would at least never see him playing for someone else!

8 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I think we need to talk about what happens to Vardy at the end of the season. 
One year left on his contract, no way can we support anyone on £100,000 a week + in the championship, especially a player that isn’t going to impact every game and win games on his own like has previously.

It has been great to see him scoring again and remembering how good he has been, but if and when we’re confirmed relegated, we willl need to work out a deal .

We would have to try and move him on. Wouldn’t put it past us not to of put a relegation wage drop clause into his contract.

Timing of this is a bit off. If it wasn't Vardy I'd call it a bit of cheap PR.

I've not really been a fan of the way Bourne and Stringer cover us on their socials since they left Radio Leicester and went to Talksport. More so Stringer, who seems to clearly still be attaching a lot of his abrupt exit to the club as a whole. Lot of sniping at players just because they couldn't when they were at the beeb. Isn't hard to see why they'd never do interviews with him.

The Maddison baiting from them both at the weekend was clearly to get a bit of attention because Tanner got a bite a few weeks ago. 

He has had bad games, every single football player has 

This season he's not been great, but who has 

It's a shame it's taken a change in manager at see some of the Vardy of old over these last few games 

But no matter what, he is going to go down as the best striker I will ever see during my life supporting Leicester 

Not just for his goals, but his attitude, commitment, playing style, menace, loyalty and being an absolute shithouse for us at times when we need it 

I don't think it's the end for Vards here, should we go down (which I believe we will) I can see him giving it one more season to try and get us back up 

Then he rides off into the sunset 

The term legend gets thrown all over the place in the football world, but we have been genuinely lucky to have a legend in Vards donning our shirt for the last 10 years 

The King 👑

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I remember when he had a Facebook account! He gave away a penalty against Wolves (I think) which Kasper saved, I commented that he owed Kasper a pint.  He replied saying I owe him more than that! 2 pints!  

He must be comparing this current situation to the great escape and wondering how we get out this time, his face is showing the strain while Tielemans and Maddison are grinning and back patting on the pitch. 

Edited by SK3Blue

I hope that, as this bunch of overpaid and underperforming crooks get firmly told what we think of them as they limp to relegation, Vardy is exempt from the stick.

At Fulham, amongst all the chanting about them not being fit to wear the shirt, at least there was some clear vocal backing for Vardy (even after he missed the penalty).

If there’s one thing he’s earned from everything he’s done at Leicester, it’s to not be associated with this current shambles.

• Like 3

Next time we sing "you're not fit to wear the shirt", if Vardys on the pitch, can we sing "Apart from Vardy, you're not fit to  wear the shirt"?

I will feel much more comfortable with that. Cheers!

Edited by smudger63

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Is there a realisation setting in - this could be his last game for us?

I doubt it but I could see a new manager coming in and wanting to move away from vards now. If he keeps us up today, then he can move on knowing he’s done absolutely everything. He’s done everything anyway but this really would just cement his place in history 

18 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Doubt it, could still be a asset in the championship if he has a substantial wage cut 

Wages won’t add up. There will be a big payday for him somewhere if we wants to go find it, mos t likely abroad. I’m pretty certain today is it for Vards. 

• Like 1

One player I don’t blame, hopefully we put our goat out to stud, bred us some future stars. But what does the future hold for him? Too expensive to keep around surely? 

Edited by Sir Shep
  • Like 1