Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Not sure why my thread on this was deleted. Agree it looks fake though. But a lad I know who works for Rangers says otherwise 

Seems a bit weird for it to be against Rangers

Would think a Prem 11 from the title winners or even Sheff Wed would be more suitable

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Not sure why my thread on this was deleted. Agree it looks fake though. But a lad I know who works for Rangers says otherwise 

"organized" a testimonial is an obvious giveaway. A club so staunchly British Nationalist would never accept such an Americanisation of the Queen's English!

• Haha 2

Not sure why someone would go to the effort to fake that but yes...

- Badges are different sizes

- Copy is all over the place

- Video play button cut off, with a blue background overlay that the text has been put on to. I'd say the top half of this is from an email or something, if you zoom in you can see the blue background covers the bottom of the image.

- Look at the call to action button lollollol 

But yeah, apart from that well worth discussing...

Edited by AjcW
  • Haha 2

He’s got 1 year left. Does he even have a relegation reduction clause? 

He will be 37 during next season. Can he play a role? Will he want to? 

I think there’s a reasonable chance he and the club will agree to mutually wind up his last year - or as with Schmeichel let him leave for a nominal fee 

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, TeamRocket said:

https://sportwitness.co.uk/shock-leicester-star-offered-club-no-transfer-fee-wants-continue-career-outside-england/

He might be going not sure how reliable this is or where it goes  sorry

Between his age, our relegation and his crazy wages I can see him being let go for a nominal fee and/or for free, to get him off the wage bill. 

I can't see him being interested in Turkey though :blink:

Either a Top-half PL side, MLS or Saudi for crazy money

• Like 2

On 30/05/2023 at 12:08, The Year Of The Fox said:

It must be legit from our club - it features the word unwavering. 

• Haha 2

On 03/06/2023 at 13:12, Les-TA-Jon said:

He’s got 1 year left. Does he even have a relegation reduction clause? 

He will be 37 during next season. Can he play a role? Will he want to? 

I think there’s a reasonable chance he and the club will agree to mutually wind up his last year - or as with Schmeichel let him leave for a nominal fee 

I can't see the club paying him prem wages in the Championship, so if he doesn't have a relegation clause in it he'll be signing a fresh contract maybe? I reckon he can play a role next season definitely. Not just on the pitch but equally importantly what he offers to the squad. Enzo has been very clear that the new team will have to adopt a championship mentality and vards has been there and done it, not to mention new players looking up to him and learning from him. Think Enzo has already mention that he is staying with us for next season but I guess we'll have to wait and see as to what capacity.