Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

10 hours ago, Tanya said:

I think most women would object to moving to such an extreme anti-woman place.

Your right.

There are no women living in Saudi Arabia!

https://www.expat.com/en/guide/middle-east/saudi-arabia/34696-everything-you-need-to-know-as-an-expat-woman-in-saudi-arabia.html

Edited by Raj

9 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

It’s a bit contradictory?

So I’ve listened to the interview and the question was asked more as “would you like him to stay and would he be an important player”.

I feel the stance on both sides is a mutual respect. It makes me think that the club want Vardy to stay but respect the amazing servant he has been to the club and won’t stand in his way if he wants to try something new before he retires.

Basically ball is in Vards court. If he does go won’t be surprised to see him leave on a free either or a fee similar to Kasper’s.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there a stipulation in his contract that means he has to start x amount of games or is there a board directive? He’s offered almost nothing for the past 18 months and after the changes today its now become very clear that when he starts he is holding us back. 

He will forever be a legend for what he has achieved but I think we have to start acknowledging that he is not far from being finished as a pro and is actively a hinderance on the team.

• Like 3

Just now, Dames said:

Is there a stipulation in his contract that means he has to start x amount of games or is there a board directive? He’s offered almost nothing for the past 18 months and after the changes today its now become very clear that when he starts he is holding us back. 

He will forever be a legend for what he has achieved but I think we have to start acknowledging that he is not far from being finished as a pro and is actively a hinderance on the team.

Totally agree with this 

he holds us back

Just now, Dames said:

Can't believe you'd even suggest that. He just needs some decent service, on a Saturday afternoon fixture, with a favourable wind, against a geriatric defense suffering from severe intestinal distress, and he'll start banging them in. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

Had absolutley no service whatsoever. Give him the ball in dangerous areas and he will score. New CAM and RW desperately needed 

We can’t keep trying to accommodate him. He doesn’t drag defenders all over the place like he used too and he’s nowhere near as quick off the shoulder. Most of the time teams can leave him be and pressure other players, was clear as day as soon as Kel came on Coventry didnt know what to do and it opened space up for other players.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Sorry not having that. We looked much more deadly when Kel came on. Vardy’s a legend but let’s have it right he gave us nothing today. 

Kelechi didnt have Ndidi and a low in confidence KDH providing our creativity for most of the game either though tbf. We were a different team when Praet starting pulling the strings. No doubt whatsoever he will bag at this level with service

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Kelechi didnt have Ndidi and a low in confidence KDH providing our creativity for most of the game either though tbf. We were a different team when Praet starting pulling the strings. No doubt whatsoever he will bag at this level with service

He won’t reach double digits this season. Its hard to admit but he’s done and we can no longer afford to carry him or make excuses for him anymore. It contributed to our relegation and we can’t let it contribute towards staying down either.