Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

Guest glasgowfox
17 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Imagine thinking singing that, when he's stepping up to take a penalty against you, is a good idea lol

Had no sound on my stream, was it the novel "your wife is a grass" chant?

Loved him telling our players to get away from him to let him do his thing with the celebration!

Also, I meant to say the other day, i'm wondering if he's took McAteer under his wing (no pun intended) for shithouse celebrations after McAteer's celebration v Norwich, (the arm/bird flapping - Canaries).

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Matt said:

Loved him telling our players to get away from him to let him do his thing with the celebration!

Also, I meant to say the other day, i'm wondering if he's took McAteer under his wing (no pun intended) for shithouse celebrations after McAteer's celebration v Norwich, (the arm/bird flapping - Canaries).

Think it was more to do with staying in their half so they couldn't kick off! 

Nonetheless, what a moment to watch. One of the best celebrations to witness. 

Someone needs to find the thread with the photos of fans being ruled riled up by Vardy, think it started at Sheff Utd a few seasons ago. Must be some great moments from their end at that moment lol

• Thanks 1

Just now, StanSP said:

Someone needs to find the thread with the photos of fans being ruled riled up by Vardy, think it started at Sheff Utd a few seasons ago. Must be some great moments from their end at that moment lol

West Brom's always good for a laugh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

:claudio:

• Like 1

On 20/09/2023 at 16:57, Beachyboy said:

If every fan had a choice out of Vardys last season being a championship winning season or a meh Premiership season, no cup win and say 13th or 14th position in the league. If that were to happen. Would you wanna go back and undo the relegation?

That's a good question. If we'd stayed up last season the management might have thought ''Oh well, Jamie can't cut it in the PL anymore, it's time to bid him farewell.'' But this way we get to see him for another season, scoring winners and enhancing his stature yet further. Sometimes your loyalty to your club can be outweighed by your loyalty to an individual player. I felt that way about Steve Walsh in the 1990s and I feel the same way about Jamie now.

23 minutes ago, ceredigion said:

That's a good question. If we'd stayed up last season the management might have thought ''Oh well, Jamie can't cut it in the PL anymore, it's time to bid him farewell.'' But this way we get to see him for another season, scoring winners and enhancing his stature yet further. Sometimes your loyalty to your club can be outweighed by your loyalty to an individual player. I felt that way about Steve Walsh in the 1990s and I feel the same way about Jamie now.

I’d still say that Walshy would still beat most of modern day footballers in the air at a corner, even at his age now!