Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Looks a lot happier.

I think the fiasco with his wife affected him more them we realise.

Yep - time out of the lime light in a lower pressure environment is probably what he needed. Gets to be himself a bit more too. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dames said:

Feels like with less pressure from the media merchants that come with PL football it seems he’s enjoying himself again. Dare i say it but lower league football suits him better. 

136 out of 175 of his goals for us were in the PL. Personally I think it was better for him to be playing against the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal and Man City in his prime as he thrives on space on the counter. I do not think he hits the levels he did for us had he stayed in the Championship.

4 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Possibly that but more probably the departure of Brendan. We're all a lot happier for that 😀

Yeah can’t believe Brendan came out and publicly said Vardy couldn’t play how he wanted. Weird how Enzo plays better football and Vardy is looking good (appreciate lower level).

2 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

It will all come down to how his body feels…only he knows that 

I think the momentum of the current regime will play a big part. I cannot emphasise enough about how important the new lease of life a management team that know what they're doing is. 

As soon as that wanes, I genuinely think clubs and managers should part ways.

Look at the first 2 seasons under Rodgers, he was excellent at creating an environment that got the team playing well but got swan songs off Morgan and Fuchs for a good while longer than any of us had thought. 

Maresca is doing so with Vardy and given his unique characteristics and story, you'd not be surprised if he's got another season or so after this.

• Like 2

On 09/10/2023 at 08:11, ARTY_FOX said:

I wouldn't be shocked if it was his last season, helping us get back to the prem but I hope it's not. In all honesty he can stay around for as long he likes for me. 

I just think the way he is really milking it with the away fans this sesson: its almost like he knows its his last season and is really squeezing every drop out of it... hope I'm wrong!

12 hours ago, FOXSE said:

I just think the way he is really milking it with the away fans this sesson: its almost like he knows its his last season and is really squeezing every drop out of it... hope I'm wrong!

It is probably the last time he will play most of them as we'll be in a different league