Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

13 hours ago, FOXSE said:

I just think the way he is really milking it with the away fans this sesson: its almost like he knows its his last season and is really squeezing every drop out of it... hope I'm wrong!

To be fair he has just had a season where he has barely been able to do it

Got a years worth of shithousing built up in him he needs to get out lol

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Scanchez said:

So many questions about this image.

Utterly bizarre.

Why are they both on the pitch?
Why is Rooney wearing a suit?
Why is there nobody in the crowd?
Why do they both look so weird?
Why is Vardy roughly 5 times the size of Rooney?

It's probably my age but these weird mocked up images make me feel slightly confused / like I'm going to vomit.

Stuff like this

Diego Maradona Junior sheds tears of joy | beIN SPORTS

Spotted in the wild. All it's missing is Sir Captain Tom next to the queen.  : r/GreenAndPleasant

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Scanchez said:

Why are they both on the pitch?

Wayne is asking for some tips
Why is Rooney wearing a suit?

He’s hoping Vardy’s Nan is going to be in the players lounge after the game.
Why is there nobody in the crowd?

We’re 3 up and people want to beat the traffic
Why do they both look so weird?

The stress their respective wives have given them about not chatting after the game
Why is Vardy roughly 5 times the size of Rooney?
It’s symbolic of Vardy being roughly 5 times the player Rooney is.

Diego Maradona Junior sheds tears of joy | beIN SPORTSSpotted in the wild. All it's missing is Sir Captain Tom next to the queen.  : r/GreenAndPleasant

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Was just looking at his appearences and as much as we talk about his goals record, I noticed he's #7 on our list of all-time most appearances and only played 8 games less than Steve Walsh and 18 games less than Mark Wallington who are 2 players associated with incredible longevity here. Barring injury, he's going to overtake both in terms of appearances this season. Just shows what an incredible servant he's been.

Agreed. 12 years is some going in the modern game. 

• Like 3

On 19/10/2023 at 07:58, Sampson said:

His best football was during Rodgers first 12 months imo. Between Feb 19-Mar 20 lockdown for me though, even above the title winning season.

Where he got 30 goals in 34 league games and only Messi and Lewandowski scored more than him in Europe. There was even a run of 14 goals in 11 games which was better than his 13 in 11 record, but 1 match he didn’t score in so didn’t score in every consecutive game. Just felt like he’d score every week during that time. 

That 13 months or so was the highest peak I’ve ever seen from a Leicester player.

15/16 was better for me. Vardy in 2019 somehow always managed to find a way to score but went missing for much of the game because he was stuck in and around the box. In 15/16 he scored a lot and even when he didn't score he contributed due to being able to drift out onto the wing and take on players. He also won the ball back a lot more in 15/16 with his relentless pressing whereas in 2019 he would only press to put the pressure on defenders.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pound for pound the best signing in football history? Cost 1 million a year after Andy Carroll went for 35 million. In return we'e got 175 goals, countless assists, a promotion, and two major trophies. That's for a club that was mid-table second tier the season before he arrived.

Edited by bovril
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, bovril said:

Pound for pound the best signing in football history? Cost 1 million a year after Andy Carroll went for 35 million. In return we'e got 175 goals, countless assists, a promotion, and two major trophies. That's for a club that was mid-table second tier the season before he arrived.

Difficult to gauge bargains unless taking average prices, wages and inflation into count. Also, how do you compare to free transfers (i.e. Sol Campbell)?

He's fantastic business in a sporting sense. So was Mahrez, so was Schmeichel (and his dad too at Man Utd). Solskjaer, Irwin, Cantona, all fantastic transfers. 

Probably Vardy is the least expected great success story of all of those though.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

My lad says he's never seen me cry but Jamie's last game with us I probably won't be able to hold it together. 

A legend for 100 years plus and GOAT by a country mile 

Tell your lad to kick you in the nads.

• Haha 1

Bloody hell, football fans are fickle.

Yeah, he was pretty shite tonight, but I'm betting he'd be the first person to acknowledge that and I bet he's fuming.

We know Vardy's strengths, they were never going to work against Leeds at home.

Maybe that's partly on the manager.

Whilst of course he isn't immune to criticism, I think he's got enough in the bank for us to cut him some slack.

And there were another 10 players on the pitch who didn't exactly cover themselves in glory.

• Like 3