Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

2 hours ago, Foxaholic ME said:

Or  could mean poor opposition even athough our manager has said every championship side we have played are good  surely he wont say that on Wednesday when we play Sheff Wed

We only need to be better than the other teams in the division this year. 

We're not the finished article (i.e. a team that could do more than just survive in the Prem), but can you reasonably expect that? Our best players left in the summer and we bought a lot of new players as a Championship outfit. Meanwhile players that were deemed not good enough in the Prem have been brought back into the fold.

All Enzo needs to do this season is ensure that we win enough points to get promoted this season, which he's currently on track to do for us at a canter. We might not play the most entertaining football we've ever seen, but again is that a reasonable expectation given our lack of creative personnel in the middle of the park?

Our manager has transformed a player we didn't think was fit enough for even this level into the best defender in the league.

He's tactful enough to instil a press-baiting build up without being so hell-bent on that tactic that our players aren't allowed to empty the ball when it makes sense to do so.

He's expertly managed two injury-prone full backs, completely re-inventing the role of Ricardo in the process.

All of the above means we have comfortably the best defence in the division, despite injuries and setbacks. Yes we have some enviable talent at the back, but remind yourself of the absolute calamity we were at the back last season and how that translated in cup games against teams at this level. Defences this solid don't just happen. We're playing to our strengths and strolling to promotion as a result.

Honestly don't understand why our fans appear desperate for him to fail. Make no mistake, winning doesn't just happen. Talented squads can and do fail. Rodgers would 100% find a way to fvck this up. Enjoy having a winner in charge. If he and the team around him don't go out of their way to address the creativity problem in summer, feel free to question the style again then. We were never going to be perfect with such a huge turnover of players in summer. I'm just pleased we're finding a path that works, and our manager deserves a lot of credit for that.

• Like 4

He's been amazing, Sad to say he's still our best Striker. I hope he makes the 200 figure too.

It's not going to be easy with the style we're playing now and the opposition packing defences.

Playing up top alone doesn't make it any easier. He needs help and I'm hoping Cannon can play with him up top

along with Kasey who has a real Strikers instincts in and around Goal. As he grows more into the Team he's going

to be a big player for us. With Mavi  on the left.

I know this would need us to go 4 up top but I feel we could really reape havoc terrorising the opposition defences into submission.

Then I think Vardy could get to the 200 mark this season. While we achieve early promotion back to the dubious Premiership. 

2 hours ago, eblair said:

First game at Hillsborough as the Jamie Vardy we all love. He played there in 2013 before the global adulation and hero status

Reckon he’ll get a good reception 

I will be surprised if there is any reception, he didn't play for them.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to sleep last night whilst watching Forest v Spurs game on bedroom TV.  Woke up at 02:30 for bladder reasons and review of 2015/16 season was on. Watched it for next hour and was reminded of how amazingly fast Vardy was. We were really blessed to have him.

• Like 2