Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

23 hours ago, Koke said:

Curious to see how we will use him in the Premier League next season. Still fancy him to score against the big clubs.

That assumes we put a contract in front of him.

It’s a really difficult decision to make - I don’t envy the club here.

On 03/02/2024 at 17:40, Koke said:

Curious to see how we will use him in the Premier League next season. Still fancy him to score against the big clubs.

I thought this season was nailed on to be his last but I hope it isn't.

The word legend can be over used, but wow, he fits it by pure definition. 

• Like 2

I don't think it would be a terrible idea having Vardy around for another season. Iheanacho will be off and possibly Daka, so that only leaves us with Cannon. We'd still need to sign another striker but instead of having to buy 2 strikers, we keep vardy, get 1 new striker and then improve our wide areas. 

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

I don't think it would be a terrible idea having Vardy around for another season. Iheanacho will be off and possibly Daka, so that only leaves us with Cannon. We'd still need to sign another striker but instead of having to buy 2 strikers, we keep vardy, get 1 new striker and then improve our wide areas. 

Daka has really improved his all round game this season, particularly the stuff outside the box. Case for him staying I’d say. 

• Like 3

Just now, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Daka has really improved his all round game this season, particularly the stuff outside the box. Case for him staying I’d say. 

Agreed but it's whether he wants to stay. He's never exactly had a fair crack at whilst he's been here so he may want to move on if he's not guaranteed to be our main striker. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Daka, Cannon and Vardy is good enough to survive in the PL, especially with the goals that have come from non strikers this season. If we go up, the defence has to be priority by a long way.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, bovril said:

Daka, Cannon and Vardy is good enough to survive in the PL, especially with the goals that have come from non strikers this season. If we go up, the defence has to be priority by a long way.

Yep. We need centre backs, a Winks alternative and at least 1 number 8. Ideally another winger that can cover both wings 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Agreed but it's whether he wants to stay. He's never exactly had a fair crack at whilst he's been here so he may want to move on if he's not guaranteed to be our main striker. 

And at what level do you think Daka is going to be first choice striker? 

2 minutes ago, trugerkem said:

And at what level do you think Daka is going to be first choice striker? 

I'm sure there are many teams around Europe and even in England that would use him as their first choice striker 

My head says that if we have someone else lined up in the summer, we give him his testimonial and let him go off into the sun off the back of getting us back up.

My heart says I want him to stay here for as long as it takes for him to get 15 more PL goals and take him above Michael 'he's not a natural finisher' Owen in the all time scorers list. lol

He hasn't got 90 mins in the legs these days but, as we saw today, he can still outwit opposition back lines.

We need his cheek and him being a WUM in the dressing room to get players fired up, laughing and believing.

I have often thought he should have been captain as I think he is a unifying presence for the players.

Maybe there could be a role for him in the backroom?

I concur with those suggesting to give him a 1 year deal in the summer. 

It doesn't make that much sense on paper, but as long as he is OK/motivated by being 3rd/4th striker, then give him that final send off year (hopefully) in the Prem. 

Will be a sad day when the news breaks of his inevitable departure, whether this summer or next. 

What a story he has! :wub:

• Like 2

Talk about an extended contract really depends on salary expectations. He's currently the highest paid player at the club and will have to accept a significant pay cut. 

The decision shouldn't be made on sentiment, but what is reasonable for a back up striker. Personally I'd like him for another year, but not at the expense of other, more critical, signings. He might even get a last hurrah offer from somewhere like the US or Saudi. 

Whatever happens it will be sad when he eventually goes. As our GOAT he should have a statue so that we can keep him forever 

1 hour ago, Finn Claw II said:

Depends on wages, to stay he’d have to take a massive drop in wages.  Wasn’t he on like £140k per week in the prem? I think you’d need to drop the 1 from that number. 

His contract is up. His wages would obviously drop. You can’t command 140k a week if nobody is prepared to pay it. 

10 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Whatever happens it will be sad when he eventually goes.

It certainly will. Talk about end of an era.

11 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

As our GOAT he should have a statue so that we can keep him forever 

One statue wouldn't do him justice.

FOUR huge statues, one outside each corner of the ground. I suggest these classic Vardy poses

image.jpeg.f0738374c94fc7dec1625ab77cd26b59.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e26ee938e42f08a06e649bfff11c73dc.jpeg

image.jpeg.8d5d986b9ad6288e223e24e7832538ea.jpeg

image.jpeg.2775d1580fd77b4bc3e71d6267a547f3.jpeg

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

His contract is up. His wages would obviously drop. You can’t command 140k a week if nobody is prepared to pay it. 

Thats my point.  The question isn’t should Vardy stay it is more what does he want both in terms of wages and a wider role and do the club want to offer him that.

He’s a leader and if he can help develop Daka and Cannon then great.  Morgan did something similar. 

He also might just fancy a year or two in Saudi Arabia or the US

38 minutes ago, BertFill said:

It certainly will. Talk about end of an era.

One statue wouldn't do him justice.

FOUR huge statues, one outside each corner of the ground. I suggest these classic Vardy poses

image.jpeg.f0738374c94fc7dec1625ab77cd26b59.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e26ee938e42f08a06e649bfff11c73dc.jpeg

image.jpeg.8d5d986b9ad6288e223e24e7832538ea.jpeg

image.jpeg.2775d1580fd77b4bc3e71d6267a547f3.jpeg

Statue should be placed outside “Vardy Corner” at the Hawthornes.

• Haha 3