Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Unpopular opinion, but now the dust has settled and we are watching Leeds / Southampton boring everyone to tears in the playoffs, I think the time is right for him to move on and something like Como will probably suit (although i can't see them getting anywhere near the sort of salary we would pay). Think the fans gave him a great send off and he clearly let his hair down at the parade. Think he had a huge impact in getting us over the line. But i can't get his last prem season out of my head, nor can i forget that he was barely training in the final quarter of this season.  

Genuinely think its time. 

I agree - he deserves to bow out on a high and I really don't think he's got it to score us enough goals next year.

He'll want a lot of money to stay and I think it's time to move on for all parties. He's thrown mud at Rudkin as well, so if that's enough for fans to realise the blokes a prat that's a tremendous parting gift for all of us.

My favorite ever player but I think it's the perfect time for him to bow out.

PS - think his antics with Wise and on the parade (Rudkin jibe aside) make him look like a prat too.

If I had to put a tenner on where I think Jamie will be playing next season it would be Como.

I remember hearing an interview after our promotion was confirmed where he said he was on the phone to Dennis Wise at the time.

Only Jamie will know how hard he found it in the Premier last time, and if he thinks he can still make an impact for us in what is going to be a very tough season.

I suspect he’ll view helping us back up to be a good way to sign off.

Wrexham has been mentioned but I can’t see him going there. 

Ultimately Leicester will offer him a contract on a reduced wage and probably a one year deal. It's then up to Vardy if he's happy with the new deal or if he will choose to go elsewhere. No doubt his agent is working on getting some alternative offers at the moment.

The amount the wage is reduced will be down to how much Enzo wants him in the premier league.

I suspect no club will pay him as much as Leicester unless he goes to Saudi or possibly America

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Unpopular opinion, but now the dust has settled and we are watching Leeds / Southampton boring everyone to tears in the playoffs, I think the time is right for him to move on and something like Como will probably suit (although i can't see them getting anywhere near the sort of salary we would pay). Think the fans gave him a great send off and he clearly let his hair down at the parade. Think he had a huge impact in getting us over the line. But i can't get his last prem season out of my head, nor can i forget that he was barely training in the final quarter of this season.  

Definitely won't be popular but I fully agree with this.

It's a good time.

• Like 1

We’re being shithoused by Vards for the first time ever and I love it. Of course he’s being pictured absolutely everywhere in Como, putting pics up of his FaceTime to Wise and telling anyone who will listen that it’s in Rudkin’s court.

Add this to the list of shithouse moments lol 

Let’s see if Jon will bite…

I could see it going similarly to how Kasper found it in France, but probably worse lol 

Don't know much about the Como squad but would love to see Vardy trying to fit in to an Italian squad group lol Brits abroad...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I agree - he deserves to bow out on a high and I really don't think he's got it to score us enough goals next year.

He'll want a lot of money to stay and I think it's time to move on for all parties. He's thrown mud at Rudkin as well, so if that's enough for fans to realise the blokes a prat that's a tremendous parting gift for all of us.

My favorite ever player but I think it's the perfect time for him to bow out.

PS - think his antics with Wise and on the parade (Rudkin jibe aside) make him look like a prat too.

Sorry but the parade stuff just cemented his legendary status in my opinion.

Admittedly that might say more about me.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

No, just no.

I think how the last season in the Prem went will make him want another crack. Absolutely no one covered themselves in glory last season, that's on Brendan. Vardy has more than proved this season, he's still got it. Granted, probably not 90 mins every week, although in the Prem there are fewer games and not as close together, no Sat/Tue for weeks, plenty of time to rest and train. F@ck it, I don't care if he doesn't do any training if he scores on a Saturday afternoon (or whatever day Sky choose)!!

• Like 2

Maresca said it best - it's fine to lose players but we cannot go into next season weaker than we started this one. Vardy was our top scorer last season and had the best scoring rate in the league, who are we going to sign to replace that? 

If you're Ipswich or whichever other team gets promoted signing Vardy on a free would be a very shrewd piece of business, especially if you're struggling with finding money to make signing due to FFP like we are.

Unless he's asking for crazy money then we would be crazy not to re sign him.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

He'll still get 5-10 goals next season and that could be the difference that keeps us in the division. 

Was going to post something similar. We have been spoilt a bit for this last 10 years into thinking it’s normal for a city striker to bag more than 10 in the Prem so chipping in with 5/10 will be vital.

As long as the new deal is a huge pay cut, and as long as we can get in a good first choice striker giving him a new deal is absolutely the right thing to do.

Have been reading up on Como and their rise and fall x2. 

They can't afford half a Vardy by the sounds of it. So no surprise Fabregas has mooted that rumour. 

It can really just be a case of Vardy arranging meeting with Wise and just enjoying a bit of a break. 

• Like 2

Just now, StanSP said:

Have been reading up on Como and their rise and fall x2. 

They can't afford half a Vardy by the sounds of it. So no surprise Fabregas has mooted that rumour. 

It can really just be a case of Vardy arranging meeting with Wise and just enjoying a bit of a break. 

Not a chance they can afford him, clubs like Atalanta will be paying the majority of their team 20/25k a week so he’s definitely not going to newly promoted Como.

• Like 1

I'm not sure Vardy can be the savour next season. When we were last in the PL, he scored 3 goals in the same number of minutes he played this season. 

If we go into the season we go into the season with Vardy, Daka and Cannon we are in trouble.  

31 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I'm not sure Vardy can be the savour next season. When we were last in the PL, he scored 3 goals in the same number of minutes he played this season. 

If we go into the season we go into the season with Vardy, Daka and Cannon we are in trouble.  

I've got some bad news for you...