Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Not a chance they can afford him, clubs like Atalanta will be paying the majority of their team 20/25k a week so he’s definitely not going to newly promoted Como.

I don’t think they will do it but they do have probably the richest owners in Serie A. 58th richest person in the world connected with Tabacco

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

I don’t think they will do it but they do have probably the richest owners in Serie A. 58th richest person in the world connected with Tabacco

Ah, didn’t know that but still unlikely to sign him.

18 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I'm confident we don't

Hopefully we can do some clever trading, but just feels like between Vardy, Cannon and Daka + strikers being the hardest position to sign + other positions throughout the squad being a priority. 

Maybe we can get all the sales we hoped for before, this summer...

Given the wage he was on and our financial situation, I felt at the start of the season that the club should have tried to speak about a mutual termination, 70-80k a week in the championship is obviously ludicrous. I’m so glad we didn’t, we’ve been thoroughly let down by the likes of Kel and Patson, and Vardys goals are the difference between us going up automatically and slotting it out in the playoffs. 
He’s been absolutely integral and he’s clearly got more to offer. 
Can he do it in the top flight again? Who knows but if we can afford an extension we should. 

If he feels he wants a new challenge having secured promotion then the Serie A would make much more sense given the slower nature of the league, and I hope he goes there and keeps them up should he decide that’s what he wants. 

He has to be in the conversation for the greatest ever Leicester player. I know we have some amazing record holders, but the modern game is just so much more difficult and he proved himself one of the most lethal strikers the premier league has ever seen. Sad if it comes to an end but it has to eventually. He needs a statue.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, StanSP said:

Have been reading up on Como and their rise and fall x2. 

They can't afford half a Vardy by the sounds of it. So no surprise Fabregas has mooted that rumour. 

It can really just be a case of Vardy arranging meeting with Wise and just enjoying a bit of a break. 

I don’t know - signing him would generate an extra level of exposure for Como and it’d probably be a season or two contract with the option of one more and a relegation release, making it potentially financially workable. 

Additionally - I think it would be a good move for Vardy himself.

I reckon he’s the type of striker that would do well in Serie A (even now), the climate and lifestyle should help ease the aching limbs, he’d become the main man there as opposed to possible bit part here and it’s a new and refreshing challenge to tail end a remarkable career.

In a strange way - I’d actually like to see him make the move, go and try for one last hurrah with his Leicester legend secure and finalised with a wonderful campaign.

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond
  • Like 2

Vardy doesn't need cash - he's at the stage where he could buy into a project and both Como and Wrexham offer that, and Como offers his family the chance to escape from the British media. He could play another couple of years in Italy, he's a bit part character here next season. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
On 14/05/2024 at 12:42, Daggers said:

Vardy doesn't need cash - he's at the stage where he could buy into a project and both Como and Wrexham offer that, and Como offers his family the chance to escape from the British media. He could play another couple of years in Italy, he's a bit part character here next season. 

need may be a bit strong but he's lost multiple millions in that trial.  Lawyer fees and having to pay there's must be around 4 mill 

Not to be sniffed at 

Edited by Out Foxed

On 14/05/2024 at 12:42, Daggers said:

2 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

Yes he does. He lost multiple millions in that trial.  

It’s a good job that we’ve all got such certain knowledge of JV’s personal finances isn’t it? :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

It’s a good job that we’ve all got such certain knowledge of JV’s personal finances isn’t it? :thumbup:

hence i edited my comment straight away you little gremlin. i knew some lame would respond exactly like did. 

Edited by Out Foxed

Posted (edited)

Admittedly, am slightly concerned in how he'll cope post-football.

It has been a great piece of his life which made him who he is, and it has been hard for many legends of the game once their playing career was over.

Edited by Wymsey

• 3 weeks later...