Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

26 minutes ago, Hales said:

I just love the fact he went to the manager and declared himself fit as it didnt sit right with him that there wasn't a senior striker available 💙 he loves this club and my goodness I cannot even think about the day he retires. The word legend is thrown around easily sometimes but he is one and we are so lucky to have him. Lets enjoy every second of this season of Vardy sh*thousery 💙🦊

Yes. If he ever retires (and I don't want to think about it), yesterday's goal and his gesture to the Spurs fans is going on my compilation tape - which currently stands at about 8 hours long.  And I am positive it will just be one of many more classic Vardy moments he gives us this season. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, trabuch said:

Yes. If he ever retires (and I don't want to think about it), yesterday's goal and his gesture to the Spurs fans is going on my compilation tape - which currently stands at about 8 hours long.  And I am positive it will just be one of many more classic Vardy moments he gives us this season. 

I think he is going to enjoy every second of this season 😉😆

• Like 1

3 hours ago, onekeithweller said:

I assume this is restricted to Premier League because he scored in his first game under Pearson too.

I think the more impressive stat is that he's done it in every one of those Manager's first games too. Not sure you can count Stowell as he's had multiple stints as caretaker (Stowell and Powell dream team was a good'un), but it's only KDH under Maresca that's broken a streak stretching right back to the day he was signed. He couldn't do it under Sir Nige because he was signed by him the summer after his mid-season return, of course.

I guess if we wanna twist the stats we can just pretend the Championship doesn't count, in which case he's scored every single first Premier League goal under a new gaffer for the past 20 years. Which begs the question of why Mickey Adams wasn't snapping up the promising youngster from the Sheffield Wednesday academy. :ph34r:

Edited by OntarioFox

1 hour ago, davieG said:

I would describe Vardy as the ultimate team-mate'published at 17:46 20 August

17:46 20 August

Leicester striker Jamie Vardy has been described as the "ultimate team-mate" by Robert Huth, who alongside Vardy helped the Foxes win the Premier League in 2015-16.

The 37-year-old forward netted the equaliser in Leicester's 1-1 draw against Tottenham on Monday and, as he was being substituted, appeared to taunt the travelling Spurs fans about their failure to win a Premier League title.

Huth told BBC Radio 5 Live: "I do sometimes think football gets a bit boring, everybody has the same answers in interviews. So it is kind of refreshing having players having a bit of fun with supporters.

"As long as both sides understand it's just a bit of banter and a bit of humour between them, then that's absolutely fine. I actually enjoy it, I think it just brings something to the game, a bit of spice to it."

The former Germany centre-back continued: "He [Vardy] is exactly what you see on TV. He does it to opposition fans and opposition players, but he also does it to his own team-mates. He's very annoying but very lovely with it.

"I would probably describe him as the ultimate team-mate really. When he's on the pitch you know he's going to give it his all, you know he's going to fight for 100 minutes. He makes a rubbish ball look good with his energy. He's a really infectious character.

"It was great to have him in the team when I played, he certainly made the difference for us."

Steve Cooper and Jamie Vardy embrace each other

To be fair Vardy doesnt do much to break the mold of boring TV interviews. 

• Like 1

On 20/08/2024 at 18:25, trabuch said:

Can you share on YouTube please when he retires :thumbup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ted Maul said:

The more I think about that, the crazier it is.

THE most deadly striker in the top flight of English football over 2 entire decades. By at least 2.1% as well. And he plays for an unfashionable club somewhere in the midlands.

Madness when you think of the other fine strikers that have graced the division over 3 decades! 

• Like 2

On 20/08/2024 at 12:25, trabuch said:

I liked the post match where Carragher was umming and aaring on whether he was our greatest player. I don't think it would take many Leicester fans to spend as long as him to decide.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Mike1983 said:

So clinical. This is actually the most impressive stat I've seen on Vardy. 22% conversion rate in top flight over such a large sample size... Just mindblowing.

people used to slate andy cole saying he need 5 chances to score a goal