Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Omar Elabdellaoui

1 hour ago, Outfox the Fox said:

It's only Sport Witness I know, but still - a right back from Olympiakos (ex-Man City trainee):-

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-citys-brendan-rodgers-go-celtic-race-defender/

Edit: my (appalling anyway) vowel based pun utterly debased by @Silva Fox and his tardy and repetitious follow up.

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

Be surprised with Ricardo and Amartey if another rb comes in. And no, Ricardo is not being shifted up the wing.

Hopefully just got some players shortlisted in case there's complications with Amartey's recovery going into next season.

Right back would be low down on the list of priorities for me. 

7 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

Be surprised with Ricardo and Amartey if another rb comes in. And no, Ricardo is not being shifted up the wing.

I'd be surprised if Rodgers wants Amartey at the club long term to be honest. 

Even in his improved form before his injury, he's not really a particularly technical footballer. I don't think he's really got the skill to be a modern attacking full back. 

I can see us wanting cover for Ricardo that's capable of crossing, passing, dribbling. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Even in his improved form before his injury, he's not really a particularly technical footballer. I don't think he's really got the skill to be a modern attacking full back. 

I can see us wanting cover for Ricardo that's capable of crossing, passing, dribbling. 

rodgers did use some defensive full backs though at celtic

54 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He might use Choudhury there though.....

58 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He might use Choudhury there though.....

Good call. I don't know much about Choudhury. Rodgers is not afraid to move players sideways and backwards on the field depending on their characteristics.

Taking Chris Ajer at Celtic from midfield to center half was a masterstroke. He's evolved into an excellent player. I'm expecting that we're going to see some of that here as he always wants to get the most out of every player.

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Amartey is the reason for our recent success, his leg break motivated the team to perform

5 hours ago, Langston said:

I've never heard of this guy but he's 27 isn't he?

You're right he is 27 I misread the article when the mentioned youth player.

Still for 5 Million if we are looking for a right back he's not a bad shout for 5 million.

We were linked with this guy in January and we most probably identified him due to our scouting/player link-up whatever you want to call it with Man City.

I think this is nothing more than lazy journalism and the media rehashing a story about a player they believe Rodgers was previously interested in.

On 26/04/2019 at 15:08, NasPb said:

rodgers did use some defensive full backs though at celtic

He didn't really our full backs were always bombing on and giving us width, probably too much to our detriment at times.  Tierney is good defensively also but his main asset for us is getting forward and creating.

On 26/04/2019 at 16:38, SO1 said:

Good call. I don't know much about Choudhury. Rodgers is not afraid to move players sideways and backwards on the field depending on their characteristics.

Taking Chris Ajer at Celtic from midfield to center half was a masterstroke. He's evolved into an excellent player. I'm expecting that we're going to see some of that here as he always wants to get the most out of every player.

This is bang on.  Rodgers likes to do this a lot, change players positions, etc.  Like you said has been a masterstroke with Ajer, still only 20 and looks like he's going to be some player.