Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Wolves and man city away seem the only slim chances of them losing a game at this rate

I will say this again pep and Klopps teams are the fittest football teams I have ever seen in this league

Henderson  was barley even sweating at the end there.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, twister said:

Wolves and man city away seem the only slim chances of them losing a game at this rate

I will say this again pep and Klopps teams are the fittest football teams I have ever seen in this league

The thing is in the premier league you need to be a 100% to win games. It would only take Liverpools levels to drop just once and they could lose to any team they play. The impressive thing is how they keep their levels up, genuinely never seen a team do it to this extent.

8 minutes ago, twister said:

The Liverpool defeat of Barca last year was the most complete physical domination of a team I have ever seen, at any level. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, twister said:

PEDs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Liverpool will soon be able to take their foot off the gas pedal and practically walk to finish line.

VVD and Gomez have hardly had much to do other then clear long balls and simple headers. No one is putting any kind of pressure on them. Agreed the running that midfield and front three are doing is insane!!!

• Like 1

if they play it right and balance the teams they pick for each game (would probably need a couple of lucky fa cup draws) then i don't think there's much stopping them from going unbeaten in the league and winning the treble. which would be remarkable. 

along with already winning the world cup and the super cup. 

they are just really fu cking good. 

It's strange because although I've always disliked Liverpool I used to enjoy watching them play. Especially 2017/18 where despite finishing only fourth they were arguably most entertaining in the league and made the CL final. But that was with Karius in goal and before VVD came in. So they were really attacking but capable of letting goals in making good games in along the way

Now they've just become efficient. Just do enough to win games in third gear and are obviously a better team, just not as enjoyable to watch. They deserve to win the league with record points which I think they'll do. Also think they could go unbeaten. 

Just will never take to them though, and prefer other sides over them. I'm sick of the Liverpool bias on all football programmes to. Become ridiculous.

Most ruthless, powerful side I've ever seen.

Pep's City at their peak were far better to watch and Pep's Barca are the best I've ever seen but these are brilliant in a different way. Powerful, quick and will outrun anyone. 2 CL finals in a row on top of their ridiculous domestic form and I wouldn't put it past them to make it to another one this season. They're bastards but fair play to Klopp, done an amazing job.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Are Liverpool as good as peak Barcelona yet? I think that's the next milestone for them to reach and they're probably not far off.

The only downside as a neutral is that they're not very entertaining they just seem to win every game they play.

They probably won’t be far off winning more in 5 years time but they’re a worse team. This current team are a ruthless winning machine but they’re quite dull, without any redeeming characters and a c unt of a manager 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Someone really needs to go at them. I really really hope they lose a few, I quite liked the Arsenal Invincibles team and really don't want these to do it as well. They're obviously gonna win the league but I hope they don't do it at quite such a canter. So boring. I don't even think they play great looking football, they're just ruthlessly efficient. X 

won't be seen as the same. this is the first title under VAR. 

They’re great, no question.  But I still say if they’re really tuned in, on their best day, Pep’s Man City May be better.  It’s just they’re at the end of their cycle and everyone’s got a wandering eye now.  But if they meet in the CL, where MC still have a huge motivation, it could be very interesting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

They probably won’t be far off winning more in 5 years time but they’re a worse team. This current team are a ruthless winning machine but they’re quite dull, without any redeeming characters and a c unt of a manager 

Like Pep's Barcelona, then.