Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
midland_red

hope there is a Plan B

I thnk Tielemans will go at the end of the season. Reports in Belgium say than Man Ure are now interested to and we would have a bidding war and wages war which will put him beyond our reach.

So what is the Plan B? Im sure management have considered the above scenario....

We could just wait until the summer and see what happens.he looks happy and settled but so did Mahrez untill Man City turned his head.so let’s keep our fingers crossed and make him feel like he’s one one of us and give him a reason to stay.

14 minutes ago, lcfc matt said:

We could just wait until the summer and see what happens.he looks happy and settled but so did Mahrez untill Man City turned his head.so let’s keep our fingers crossed and make him feel like he’s one one of us and give him a reason to stay. 

Mahrez made his intentions clear well before then.

Tielemans' career has got a new lease of life by joining Leicester. He'd be best advised to stick around for next season. We have a lot going for us.

• Like 2

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

Was there not links to that boy Periera from UTD a while back. That seems a realistic plan B. I wouldn't rule out Calum McGregor being considered either. 

He (Andreas Pereira) can't be trusted. He'll stab you in the back while smiling in your face. And that's pretty hard to do actually, i think he has very long and flexible arms.

But seriously, he is born in Belgium, played for the Belgian youth teams... until he chose for Brazil because some unimportant family member was born in Brazil (his father). Basically the same story as Max Verstappen. Take a run of the mill Dutch (or Brazilian) sportsman (like Jos Verstappen or Marcos Pereira) and impregnate a Belgian woman. Instant result. Collect your far more talented offspring.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blue ROI said:

Mahrez made his intentions clear well before then.

Tielemans' career has got a new lease of life by joining Leicester. He'd be best advised to stick around for next season. We have a lot going for us.

Well I agree I think the fact Real Madrid and Barca didn’t come calling.man city was his next option in all fairness,I hope tielemans does choose us we have a fantastic squad,great manager,amazing owners the future certainly does look bright.

39 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Reality Check - No way is he turning down Man Utd to join us

That's my concern.... Planning next season around him looks a risky proposition. Hence why I hope there some succession planning going on - just in case

Just now, midland_red said:

That's my concern.... Planning next season around him looks a risky proposition. Hence why I hope there some succession planning going on - just in case

When he hit that screamer from 25 yards that beat the GK all ends up and just missed I was glad. :D

I'm hoping he stays just under the radar.

It’s an interesting one. Man U, one of the biggest clubs in the world vs Leicester... But then they won’t be able to offer champions league football, they don’t have anywhere near as successful a manager, they are on a downward spiral, their top players want to leave. Recent signings Sanchez and Fred have completely stalled in their careers. 

Will be interesting full stop to see who Man U are able to get in next transfer window, but if you are a developing player like Youri then could you honestly say it’s a good move right now?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rachhere said:

It’s an interesting one. Man U, one of the biggest clubs in the world vs Leicester... But then they won’t be able to offer champions league football, they don’t have anywhere near as successful a manager, they are on a downward spiral, their top players want to leave. Recent signings Sanchez and Fred have completely stalled in their careers. 

Will be interesting full stop to see who Man U are able to get in next transfer window, but if you are a developing player like Youri then could you honestly say it’s a good move right now?

Your comment is spot on but the reason for him to go to United at this moment is for a six figure paycheck. Are we going to pay him 100,000+ a week?  If financial security for life is where he's at then its a no brainer for him.

Football players have short careers and their lively hood can end in the blink of an eye. All depends where he and his agents heads are at. I know what I'd do personally but its a tough ask to project that to someone else.

If he did go somewhere else, I think he could do better than Man U. He'd earn ridiculous wages and automatically become one of the most famous CMs in Europe..but at his age, he needs great coaching, stability, teammates that can cover him when he has an inevitable dip in form (young CMs tend to be a little inconsistent). 

Obviously, I'd love him to sign permanently but if he doesn't, I can think of at least 10 slightly smaller clubs that would be a better destination for him than Man U. I hope he's got a good team advising him.

Edited by Danizen
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, midland_red said:

I'm sure Rodgers knows the risks as he's had plenty of important players leave his teams at inopportune times. This is a six month loan right?

My biggest concern is if they get someone else in will they be able to hit the ground running as well as Youri. So many variables and unlimited speculation its enough to make your head spin.

Having moved to Monaco and it not working out how he would have hoped, I guess we have to hope he's enjoyed his time here, playing and be appreciated.

He's hardly gonna go skint if he stays here either.

However his performances will have got other's looking. But in terms of career development I'd be more worried about the likes of spurs coming in (maybe not money wise) but as others have pointed out. Utd are a basket case of a club at the moment. Who'd have thought that 10/15 years ago. But you'd have to seriously think over a move there at the moment. Scattergun approach to transfers that just hasn't worked out.

And still say ole won't last past October. In terms of game time, club structure etc we aren't a bad option for a young player.

I think personally he will stay. I just hope he sees the long term benefits of being a big fish and a regular starter and then moving on in a couple of years. For alternatives, I'm sure we will have a list like camerasa, andreas pereira, mcgregor, grielish and players like that. I would personally go balls out on a big signing on the wing if youri turns us down as we will need Extra goals and an x factor that we will be missing, but think he is part of the LCFC family at present and enjoys it here. 

Damn your reality check. Like I logged on for reality.

He'll only stay if he has real affection for the club, he's concerned about his development in a top six team or we offer him a release clause.

Edited by Foxxed