Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Outgoings

6 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

What a pillock.  I'd love for clubs like Citeh to lose the money and revert to type, a club that can't even fill it's ground for a champions league quarter final.  More of a franchise than a football club now.

I remember the year we won the league and in January there was a post on blue moon they should just buy Vardy and Mahrez off us that window to ruin any chance we had of winning the title. 

30 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I remember the year we won the league and in January there was a post on blue moon they should just buy Vardy and Mahrez off us that window to ruin any chance we had of winning the title. 

I'll bet most of these types of fans only really started bothering when the oil money started pouring in.

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

What a pillock.  I'd love for clubs like Citeh to lose the money and revert to type, a club that can't even fill it's ground for a champions league quarter final.  More of a franchise than a football club now.

I thought it was quite funny ..... also, no money building houses next to the electricity pylons but maybe in time overlooking the river once the lekky has been moved ......

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎03‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 23:21, Dahnsouff said:

How to make friends and belittle people :D

image.thumb.png.c9c4fdd416acf58dd4938e3017e0b31b.png

Didn't they name one end of their new stadium after Colin Bell?

On 03/06/2019 at 16:21, Dahnsouff said:

How to make friends and belittle people :D

image.thumb.png.c9c4fdd416acf58dd4938e3017e0b31b.png

He’s absolutely right but it’s the price you pay when your club can only afford to buy already developed star players. If you are not regularly feeding the championship 10-20 million per player or buying from lower leagues or bringing in youth from your development squads (which they’ve done a bit of in fairness) then you go as near as possible to galactico shopping as you can get... Man U need a better balance of development and investment in youth than they have now. They are a club in trouble in comparison to the other top 10 teams around the footballing world.

Much of Man Utd status was built around finding and developing astonishing young talent, with the introduction of one or two high profile, experienced heads  into a well balanced team, (Busby babes, class of '92 etc) but they, along with Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal just seem to want to try and buy instant success at the expense of potential  rivals by hoovering up all the talent that others have nurtured nowadays. Only Spuds, of the current top 6 seem to be prepared to build a team rather than buy one.  It is so refreshing therefore to see the likes of LCFC actually pursuing a policy of bringing in young talent and trying to develop that potential into something special. Obviously not every youngster with potential will become a world beater, some will peak early or simply fail to develop beyond a certain level (Gray perhaps?), some will inevitably be lured by the bright lights and move on, but hopefully enough make the grade and stay long enough to see the project through and get their just rewards.   Imagine the headlines and plaudits we would get if this current squad actually go and win something? I can hear Chris Sutton and Danny Mills choking on their words now!!

Enough of this rambling.  Back on topic tend to agree with the majority of assessments here on who we should keep/let go

Shinji & Simpson: Thanks for the memories and best of luck wherever you end up

Slimani:  sell/loan - we just need to get him off the wage bill. no future here cut losses and let go

James: offer him a free (and possibly some small compensation for termination of contract)  and best wishes to try and resurrect his career elsewhere

King: Legend but surplus to requirements. Presuming he still wants to keep playing, and no reason that he shouldn't he is still a decent footballer, Again sell or loan. Otherwise he could possibly be offered a coaching role with the academy

Diabate: not proven. one of those with potential and could have been another bargain but don't think he has what it takes. Sell on or loan

Silva: Part exchange for YT (just get it done please)

Ghezzal: Jury is out. give him one more season to see if there is a decent player in there or not

Nacho: Feel we have to keep. short on strikers at present. lest hope BR can sort out his confidence/attitude issues

Mendy: Had a good season overall but would let go for the right fee rather than allowing to run down contract as i don't think he will be offered a new one

Maguire: I would actually let him go for a big fee if he wants out. CB is probably one of our most well covered areas (we brought in two young prospects last year to cover the eventually of Harry leaving and/or Morgan retiring plus both Amartey and Fuchs can play there at a push as part of a back three set up)

Amartey: Definitely keep. was doing a decent job until his injury, never going to tear up any trees but every squad need a utility player that can come in and do ajob in more than one position. A useful asset to have on the bench.

Jacupovic: Every squad needs 3 keepers so if not keeping will need to replace (don't know if there is anyone in the academy that could step up?)

Gray: Would actually let go for the right price. I think he may have reached his limit of development. If we keep and he proves me wrong under BR then I will be more than happy but at this time I would be tempted to take the money.

So a total of 11 that have or could be let go in my opinion. That sounds an awful lot but over half have not really featured recently or are fringe squad players at best.  I would only ley one of Gray/ghezzal go and we would need to line up another winger for cover.

Aside from the missing link (YT) we also need to bring in a winger, another striker and cover at full back.

This football manager lark is easy. job done

• Like 1

On ‎18‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 13:29, mozartfox said:

Didn't they name one end of their new stadium after Colin Bell?

Does that mean that we can officially refer to it as The Bell End?

Seems quite appropriate!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

urban fox strange post, we have to keep nacho due to shortage of strikers yet you want slimani gone who is the better striker *scratches head*.

Yes but Nacho is still young, probably on less wages and from what I read/hear Slim has no interest in being here and does not fit the profile for what we are trying to achieve with youth etc etc.  It is all subjective

It’s important to look at how Brendan Todgers builds up young players such as Ibe & Sterling. Yes one has suffered since moving but one has flourished. I think this also illustrates the difference between Pep and the overrated Eddi ‘the project’ Howe but that is another post. 

Both scenarios are testament to his man management and development.

Give Iheanacho a proper run under a decent coach beginning with a proper preseason with outlined personal goals and KPIs within a pre determined team playing style and he is a better bet than an ageing Slimani. Same goes for Grey actually. If they both fail to hit the heights we hoped after 12-18 months then move them on.

(As a side note I realise the ‘Todgers’ typo but it made me chuckle so I left it in)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

urban fox strange post, we have to keep nacho due to shortage of strikers yet you want slimani gone who is the better striker *scratches head*.

I agree with you that Slim has the bigger goal threat but there are rumours that he is just incompatible with the squad.  Also BR does not like the target man type of centre forward.

They're both a waste of space really.  Iheanacho has had his time.  We could do with offloading the pair of them.

1 hour ago, murphy said:

I agree with you that Slim has the bigger goal threat but there are rumours that he is just incompatible with the squad.  Also BR does not like the target man type of centre forward.

They're both a waste of space really.  Iheanacho has had his time.  We could do with offloading the pair of them.

Plenty would have shipped Chilwell out last season or Vardy in 2015.

He's young and clearly had something about him to play for Man City.

Worth giving him a season under BR just to see what may happen, especially as we wouldn't get much for him at the moment.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Worth giving him a season under BR just to see what may happen, especially as we wouldn't get much for him at the moment.

This is true, but in the case of Chilwell, plenty could also see the potential there and defended him.  Vardy was stepping up several leagues although no one could have envisaged the Robert Johnson 'Crossroads' style turnaround that he would achieve.

The point is, a player making a big step up is always going to need time to adapt.

With established players the pattern is different, experience shows that  if they start off shit, they tend to stay shit.  I can't think of an established player that started off poor and turned it around after a significant period of time.

Iheanacho is a young player but he had plenty of Premier League experience and fits into the established player bracket.  He is not stepping up from the youth set up and has demonstrated that after two years he hasn't got what it takes.  I don't believe he ever will.  We can't go on flogging a dead horse forever.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

...I am not sure why people are still calling for the return of Slimani!!

Onfield disagreements, Vardy upfront as a single striker, loan spells which have resulted in other clubs reports of  poor performances. There have been incidents where his team mates at Leicester have had a go at him on the pitch, either for not making a run, selective in the crosses he chooses to compete for, generally proving to be a divisive element.

With his attributes he should have been a success, but his application, is what has negated his use as a player, and his ability to contribute to the team.

I would rather have a player from the U23 on the bench as a support striker than have either Slimani or Nacho as part of the bench.

Both Slimani and Nacho have problems and I surmise predominantly  are off-field issues and both bring nothing to the table. It is time someone sat down with both players to discuss their issues (with a psychologist ) and come to a decision regarding their future tenure at the club.

We might just end up having to take the loss....but better than this limbo we have been in.

51 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

9 minutes ago, murphy said:

This is true, but in the case of Chilwell, plenty could also see the potential there and defended him.  Vardy was stepping up several leagues although no one could have envisaged the Robert Johnson 'Crossroads' style turnaround that he would achieve.

The point is, a player making a big step up is always going to need time to adapt.

With established players the pattern is different, experience shows that  if they start off shit, they tend to stay shit.  I can't think of an established player that started off poor and turned it around after a significant period of time.

Iheanacho is a young player but he had plenty of Premier League experience and fits into the established player bracket.  He is not stepping up from the youth set up and has demonstrated that after two years he hasn't got what it takes.  I don't believe he ever will.  We can't go on flogging a dead horse forever.

So difficult being easily i influenced. Liked the first post. Read the second. Liked that as well. The inconsistency of man i guess.

Im still confused

• Haha 1

On ‎18‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 14:11, urban fox said:

Jacupovic: Every squad needs 3 keepers so if not keeping will need to replace (don't know if there is anyone in the academy that could step up?)

Sell.

Iversen doing well for Denmark U21., good enough for 3rd keeper?

• Like 1