Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ismaila Sarr - Gone to Watford.

Daily Mail, but still:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7028461/Leicester-join-Arsenal-25m-race-Rennes-star-Ismaila-Sarr.html

Leicester 'join Arsenal in £25m race for Rennes star Ismaila Sarr

Leicester 'are ready to join Arsenal in the race to sign Rennes star Ismaila Sarr' this summer.

The 21-year-old winger has attracted a lot of attention around Europe following a sterling campaign in France and is expected to leave Rennes in the summer with speculation around his future mounting.

Sarr, who netted 12 times and laid on a further 11 assists in all competitions last season, is wanted by Arsenal having impressed boss Unai Emery during their Europa League tie earlier this year.

Leicester 'are ready to join Arsenal in the race to sign Rennes star Ismaila Sarr' this summer

Leicester 'are ready to join Arsenal in the race to sign Rennes star Ismaila Sarr' this summer

Arsenal reportedly made contact with Rennes about signing the player back in March and it is believed the French club will hold out for a figure around the £25million mark.

However, Emery, who is keen to bolster his attack with a pacey winger this summer, is likely to face competition for Sarr's signature with Leicester also interested.

A source close to Sarr revealed Leicester are the only other English club to have made a firm approach for the player.   

The Senegal international (R) has attracted interested after an impressive campaign in France

The Senegal international (R) has attracted interested after an impressive campaign in France

The insider told Senegalese media: 'Leicester, Roma and AC Milan are the three clubs that have shown genuine interest in signing Ismaila.

'He has been linked with moves to Arsenal and Liverpool. But I have not heard any news from either of these two clubs.'

Sarr, who netted the crucial spot-kick to hand Rennes victory over PSG in the French Cup final last month, is tied down to the French club until 2021.  He joined from Metz in 2017 in a £15m move.

The £25m-rated winger helped Rennes defeat PSG last month to win the French Cup trophy

The £25m-rated winger helped Rennes defeat PSG last month to win the French Cup trophy

That sort of tally is what Gray should really be getting now he’s had his chance. Looks very promising to me! Let’s get our deals done early so we’ve got a full pre-season together to prepare for our Champions League onslaught ?

12 goals and 11 assists is basically on par with what Riyad Mahrez did in his final season with us. He's only got those figures in Ligue 1, but a lot of French players who come over to the Premier League tend to be decent. As a young player he also fits the mould of what are looking for.

I still think we'll be in for Jarod Bowen but this player seems like he'd be in the Ricardo / Maddison mould of being a very decent signing with a lot of potential to get even better.

• Like 1

If we get him for £25m as well it'd be a bargain these days. 

Definite upgrade on Gray and feel like he'd compliment our side very well. Ricardo and Sarr down that right win. Imagine. 

Hope the lure of cities like Rome and Milan aren't too much compared to Leicester though, let alone those clubs playing in Europe too next season :sweating:

• Like 1

Another one I've never heard of but ticks a lot of boxes.

21 years old and linked with Liverpool and Arsenal. I don't mind going for young players with links to elite level clubs even if they don't take the plunge. 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

If we get him for £25m as well it'd be a bargain these days. 

Definite upgrade on Gray and feel like he'd compliment our side very well. Ricardo and Sarr down that right win. Imagine. 

Hope the lure of cities like Rome and Milan aren't too much compared to Leicester though, let alone those clubs playing in Europe too next season :sweating:

None of those places touch Belgrave Roundabout :celebrate:

Showed flashes of brilliance in the World Cup last summer and it didnt twig it was him when I watched that 1st leg vs Arsenal where he was immense. 

For the price, he is probably value for money compared with Chukwuese at Villareal or the likes of Lozano.

• Like 4

... seems to have a heavy touch, ball not always under control and poor final ball. 

Not convinced about Sarr and have a long way to go to match Chukwueze who is somewhat in a different league. Chukwueze for me for the right side, very much like Mahrez shooting across the keeper and very good ball control. 

For me, either:

Chukwueze 

Neres

Bailey 

One of the above would surely confirm, we mean business!! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

... seems to have a heavy touch, ball not always under control and poor final ball. 

Not convinced about Sarr and have a long way to go to match Chukwueze who is somewhat in a different league. Chukwueze for me for the right side, very much like Mahrez shooting across the keeper and very good ball control. 

For me, either:

Chukwueze 

Neres

Bailey 

One of the above would surely confirm, we mean business!! 

Signing Sarr would too, to be fair.

Can't see us getting Neres. Ajax will lose a few players this summer perhaps but a fan of theirs on another forum believes they want to build something big at Ajax and not lose players (like Monaco did). They can financially back their big talents so if they're going to lose Neres, it won't be to us I'm afraid.

If we sign Lozano or Sarr (not sure if there's even been any rumours about the former), it'd go some way to becoming a good transfer window.

19 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Some nice bits but also barely looks in full control of the ball.

Yeah, but imagine how terrified the opposition will be! Guy runs towards them and they have no idea what’s going to happen because neither does he!

Gerrimin.