Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dan_fox

Anyone else kind of wish....

1 hour ago, Royston. said:

The championship play off final is the biggest game in the world considering whats at stake.

Win and you are in the big time with big money.

Lose and its back to square one likely losing your best players as they look to move on.

Even if you get relegated the parachute payments should give you an edge over most clubs back in the championship.

I desperately want derby to win today but as a football fan and specifically a leicester fan that has experienced the emotions of the play offs i say, well done to the winner and enjoy it!!

ps, shít on the villa:P

It really isn't because outside of Derby and Birmingham nobody gives a shit.

Absolutely not.

For a neutral, they're wonderful but to go through the emotional rollercoaster of getting to the final and not going up, well it's horrible as we all know.

5 hours ago, Corky said:

Best way to get promoted is to do it automatically. Norwich and Sheffield United wouldn't swap their positions for this one.

Wembley is great but save our next visit for a cup final.

Disagree.

Promotion at Wembley is the best way to do it. Day out and a trophy.

However for the loser it's the worst feeling in the world.

Don't get me wrong winning the title under nige was great, but there's still something about a trip to Wembley.

I'm still gutted we didn't win the CS and long for the day we visit for an FA cup final.

But right now in response to the OP. Nope **** it, there's many things I don't like about the PL but now we are there I want to stay there as long as possible and I wouldn't swap it for a play-off.

A cup final like Wigan yes but not for this game.

This is going to provoke some banter but having watched Grealish last few matches I think with the right head wobble from brendon he could do a job for us. I know I know we want Tielemans but just think he’s the best player in villas team

• Like 1

The next time i hope to see City playing at Wembley is an FA Cup final.  I couldn`t even give a shite about the League Cup, been there done that.  

The FA Cup completes the set domestically in terms of major trophies, plus  i`ve  been waiting for City to win the FA Cup all my life, and i`m hoping to god to see it before i`m turned to ashes!

• Like 2

The championship is the past far as I’m concerned for better or worse it’s made us stronger and who we are today.

looks like we’ll be playing the villains again - welcome back to them I hope their prepared for the big time or they will be going straight back down. Premier league takes no prisoners!

1 hour ago, smudger63 said:

The next time i hope to see City playing at Wembley is an FA Cup final.  I couldn`t even give a shite about the League Cup, been there done that.  

The FA Cup completes the set domestically in terms of major trophies, plus  i`ve  been waiting for City to win the FA Cup all my life, and i`m hoping to god to see it before i`m turned to ashes!

I had a picture taken with a Monkey like that at Wembley 1969 final is that where that photo is from smudger?

No thanks - 

Derby fans just had their summer bobbed on from a great height.

If they look to the right just about now, as they sit in their 60-odd silent coaches, they might catch a glimpse of Leicester in the distance and think; 'That's what a Premier League town looks like.'

Poor rams...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, mazarron fox said:

This is going to provoke some banter but having watched Grealish last few matches I think with the right head wobble from brendon he could do a job for us. I know I know we want Tielemans but just think he’s the best player in villas team

Hate to say it but I agree. Was over hyped and over rated even when they went 2 up at our place. But he's grown. Shame they have come up as I think he will stay for 1 year. But I'd take him if we could get him. Different mould to gray but him madders and Barnes behind vardy could be decent.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mint23 said:

Obviously I wouldn’t swap places with either of them but there’s no doubt about it that the best way to gain promotion is through the playoffs. I loved it when we won the championship but it wasn’t as exciting as beating Derby or Palace  in the last minute at Wembley. 

It spoilt cup finals for me. Losing ro tottenham, **** it. We hadn't won a cup,it was nowhere near as bad as losing the play off final.

However, typing this, i realise this is selective memory, as although it was true, my best single football day was beating middlesboro at hillsborough, closely followed by the draw at wembley.

Conclusion, losing cup finals is worse than winning them ? who've thunk it. 

(But losing play off finals is the worst of all, so in answer to your question. **** no)