Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
holyfox

Newcastle Utd takeover a potential game changer

Apologies mods if this is in the wrong place but I think we really need to prepare for this potential game changing news. I’ve just seen on the BBC website that the Crown Prince of the UAE Sheikh Khalid Bin Nahyan is about to take over Newcastle Utd. The guy doesn’t mess around and anyone who has been to Dubai will see that they throw money at making sure they have the ‘best’ most upto date of everything. 

I fear that they could be the next Manchester City. As much as I love our owners, these guys would have been ideal joint owners.

I really hope I’m wrong!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48420387

Guest SO1
39 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

I shall prepare for this in the same way I have all my Leicester City supporting life, by accepting where we are in the football food chain and hoping we can punch above our weight has we have on several magnificent occasions. 

Exactly. Just show me a team of the best players we can get and show me your fight. Want to see the hunger for winning. 100%

It is part of the game now. The English game is becoming ever more popular to multi billionaires and I'm sure more and more will look to get involved. 

Either we look to sell ourselves or we try and compete as we are but it will get tougher.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Did this bloke try to buy Liverpool but he could not provide proof of funds 

15 minutes ago, dyanmark said:

Ironic this thread contributed  by ASHLEY obviously trying to get it over the line.Way ayy pet

I think @Ashley influence is limited in the deal.

Aside from the hefty wages most players are on, this is the joint-top reason why I think football is being used as an object for others' gain whilst the was-beautiful game itself slowly dies.

It's just sad to see, really.

27 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Hmm...

Sounds like a familiar story to when he tried to buy Liverpool, honestly wouldn’t be at all suprised is Ashley has paid this bloke 500k to go along with it giving him an excuse to spend nothing all summer and not re-sign Rafa

Edited by Mehrez

3 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

Sounds like a familiar story to when he tried to buy Liverpool, honestly wouldn’t be at all suprised is Ashley has paid this bloke 500k to go along with it giving him an excuse to spend nothing all summer and not re-sign Rafa

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/781610/Newcastle-takeover-Sheikh-Khaled-2bn-Liverpool-bid-Mike-Ashley/amp

He had £1.25bn proof of funds for the £2bn Liverpool bid, so this is small fry to him

7 minutes ago, holyfox said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/781610/Newcastle-takeover-Sheikh-Khaled-2bn-Liverpool-bid-Mike-Ashley/amp

He had £1.25bn proof of funds for the £2bn Liverpool bid, so this is small fry to him

According to the Star atleast.

Also Liverpool apparently asked for a 25m deposit which never materialised 

Edited by Mehrez