Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
holyfox

Newcastle Utd takeover a potential game changer

1 hour ago, EnglishOxide said:

I've always thought Newcastle are a sleeping giant. Huge fanbase, nice city, loyal fans.

They've lacked investment for about 15 years. No idea why Man City's owners didn't come in for these instead.

Totally agree.

Choosing Man City was a curious thing. Surrounded by established football giants and a catchment area that's already well spoken for (3/4 years ago they were even advertising tickets on east Midlands radio GEM and SMOOTH)

The only obvious sense I can work out was the gift of the commonwealth games stadium (who remembers those?!), a la west ham.

Newcastle, in every other aspect, batter Man City for support, catchment area and  sponsorship from local businesses too..I'd suggest the Geordies could even drag in support from Scotland if they now had Pep, De Bruyne, Silva and co

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan

As we know, money doesn’t usually lead to instant success. 

To be any real good, Newcastle need at least half a new squad and building that up with the right players usually takes a few seasons.

Not everyone is going to want to live in the NE of England, especially when the cold night’s envelope the toon.

I’m actually quite happy for the Geordie faithful though. The travelling they do and the home gates they get to watch mediocrity season after season.. they almost deserve some good fortune.

Newcastle presently are very attractive to investors. Don't need to expand the ground which is full each home game, excellent, proven manager already in place, won't have much debt and fans will be grateful for just about anyone to take charge.

3 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Totally agree.

Choosing Man City was a curious thing. Surrounded by established football giants and a catchment area that's already well spoken for (3/4 years ago they were even advertising tickets on east Midlands radio GEM and SMOOTH)

The only obvious sense I can work out was the gift of the commonwealth games stadium (who remembers those?!), a la west ham.

Newcastle, in every other aspect, batter Man City for support, catchment area and  sponsorship from local businesses too..I'd suggest the Geordies could even drag in support from Scotland if they now had Pep, De Bruyne, Silva and co

A Scottish friend of mine has had a season ticket for over 10 years at Newcastle, said he couldn't put up with the SPL any more. 

4 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Totally agree.

Newcastle is a ready made club to be taken over. As you said, Newcastle are superior to Man City in just about every measurable metric. The only theory I have for Man City being chosen is that they carry the name Manchester - a name made hugely popular by their neighbours, so they're basically piggy backing off Man Utd.