Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The European Elite

2 hours ago, Markyblue said:

Celtic as a fan base despise the English and the premier league for them to want to play in the English premier league is hypocrisy  at its finest.

True - the Club even refuse to wear poppies on their shirts for the Remembrance day fixture.  Best they stay there and win the treble every year.

(I say this having Irish Grand Parents on both of my parents' sides)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Markyblue said:

Celtic as a fan base despise the English and the premier league for them to want to play in the English premier league is hypocrisy  at its finest.

I'm sorry but this is just utter gibberish lol!  We have supporters buses that come to games from England.  Of course there is a very small minority who hang onto all the IRA garbage and not for one second condoning it but every support has it's minority of halfwits!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Out Foxed said:

I truly believe we could make it to the quarters of the Europa. I reckon we’d smash loads of teams up. 

Any Premier League team should be disappointed not getting to the semi finals of the Europa League unless they get very unlucky with the draw on the way (ie a guinely strong CL gets an unusually tough group, finishes 3rd and you get them in the quarters.) 

Chelsea's route to the semi was: Olympiakos, Dynamo Kiev and Slavia Prague. Kiev is probably the only one of those better than a Championship team. Frankfurt are also no better than us under Rodgers. 

Arsenal had it slightly tougher. Zurich are insignificant and I'd expect us to beat Rennes but Napoli are exactly what I'm talking about in the point above. Still, they've been ****ing awful in Europe under Ancelotti. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

Well for a start they fly Union Jack around the ground meaning a United Kingdom England an Wales, Scotland and N Ireland, while Celtic fly their Irish flags and hate the English with a passion, I'm Sikh and i use to drink with a few Irish and they can't stand the English, they always use to bang on about Bobby Sands, use to do my head in and i use to tell them i love England, that really use to wind them up.

Nothing like a bit of stereotyping and profiling.  Jesus wept.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

Well for a start they fly Union Jack around the ground meaning a United Kingdom England an Wales, Scotland and N Ireland, while Celtic fly their Irish flags and hate the English with a passion, I'm Sikh and i use to drink with a few Irish and they can't stand the English, they always use to bang on about Bobby Sands, use to do my head in and i use to tell them i love England, that really use to wind them up.

They both have fringe elements that are absolute cvnts. 

You think that this lot would do your nut in any less? 

DGuoMRGWsAIBvOF.jpg

DGuoMREXkAAPG0g.jpg

Thankfully the majority of both sets of fans are just normal Scottish people supporting their local teams, I'm pretty sure they'd both be happier if the sectarian nob heads just ****ed off for good. 

• Like 2

Just now, Finnegan said:

DGuoMRGWsAIBvOF.jpg

DGuoMREXkAAPG0g.jpg

Thankfully the majority of both sets of fans are just normal Scottish people supporting their local teams, I'm pretty sure they'd both be happier if the sectarian nob heads just ****ed off for good. 

This, exactly.

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

DGuoMRGWsAIBvOF.jpg

DGuoMREXkAAPG0g.jpg

I've been nazi saluted back in the day by a Bristol City fan in an FA cup 3rd round match, sitting in L1, water off a ducks back, but if you don't like England or the English why should you be allowed in the PL.

13 minutes ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

I've been nazi saluted back in the day by a Bristol City fan in an FA cup 3rd round match, sitting in L1, water off a ducks back, but if you don't like England or the English why should you be allowed in the PL.

They could not be accepted into the PL without going through the Pyramid system as this would be totally unfair on all the Championship Teams and all other English Pyramid Teams.  Scottish Teams are not affiliated (currently) to the English FA so this cannot happen anyway, as it stands.

BTW there was only 1 English Player out 22 that started in Europa League Final Last night.

• Like 2

Guest Markyblue
48 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

I'm sorry but this is just utter gibberish lol!  We have supporters buses that come to games from England.  Of course there is a very small minority who hang onto all the IRA garbage and not for one second condoning it but every support has it's minority of halfwits!

Ok we will have to agree to differ .do some of the minority of halfwits still sing about the death of lee rigby. 

3 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

They could not be accepted into the PL without going through the Pyramid system as this would be totally unfair on all the Championship Teams and all other English Pyramid Teams.  Scottish Teams are not affiliated (currently) to the English FA so this cannot happen anyway, as it stands.

BTW there was only 1 English Player out 22 that started in Europa League Final Last night.

That's a bad indictment on Chelsea and Arsenal but could've bee 3 if RLC and CHO were fit.

12 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

It will never happen but if it did agree, it would only be fair to start at the lowest level.

On another note, there'll be three former SPFL players in the champions league final on Saturday night, you'll love that, pub league boys done good! :frantics:

Edited by henrik_62
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Ok we will have to agree to differ .do some of the minority of halfwits still sing about the death of lee rigby. 

Never heard it at a game home or away in my life, not in unison or by a single individual inside or outside the ground.  Not saying it doesn't go on but you can't control what halfwits do away from a football ground.

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
6 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Never heard it at a game home or away in my life, not in unison or by a single individual inside or outside the ground.  Not saying it doesn't go on but you can't control what halfwits do away from a football ground.

I agree with that and you are clearly a decent bloke and i have no issue with you. Celtic and rangers in the premier league would be very interesting just to see how you both got on but it will never happen. 

41 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

I agree with that and you are clearly a decent bloke and i have no issue with you. Celtic and rangers in the premier league would be very interesting just to see how you both got on but it will never happen. 

Yeah absolutely no chance of it happening, for a whole host of reasons.

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

It will never happen but if it did agree, it would only be fair to start at the lowest level.

On another note, there'll be three former SPFL players in the champions league final on Saturday night, you'll love that, pub league boys done good! :frantics:

Former being the important word. They all moved on quickly to play a higher standard of football.

1 minute ago, henrik_62 said:

lol You really have a serious problem with Scottish Football!

I am not the only one in that Club. That is exactly why there is little TV revenue flowing into Scottish Football.   

10 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

lol You really have a serious problem with Scottish Football!

Weird isn't it, having some kind of superiority complex because you happened to be born into a family or area that supports a certain club.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I am not the only one in that Club. That is exactly why there is little TV revenue flowing into Scottish Football.   

Football isn't all about TV money mate, you don't need to have a lot of TV money income to support a team or enjoying watching a particular league.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, murphy said:

Disagree. 

It would be great for Rangers and Celtic and they would most likely become top six clubs but at the expense of two smaller Premier League clubs which is unfair.  Leicester sized clubs really.  Don't think that our top 10 status will last forever.

Also they can keep that sectarian bullshit on the other side of the wall.

Finally, how would this work when Scotland eventually (and inevitably IMO) gets independence?

People can argue all day long whether they could eventually make the top 6.The point is why would the Arsenal’s and Chelsea’s of this world want to find out.Whats in it for them accept the risk (How ever small) Of inviting direct competition into their little big boys club.Nothing except 2 huge bills from the police twice a season.

• Like 1