Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

Just now, Dawko said:

Why call them wingers if they have to cut inside?

Right wingers should be able to cross with their right foot.

Left wingers should be able to cross with their left foot.

Pretty simple really.

They are wingers, just sort of inverted. "Inside forward" in the old days I think as most of those wingers listed play as forwards. That's why comparisons and "best outside the top 6" don't make sense to me as the big clubs don't really play with wingers (aside from Saka at Arsenal, off the top of my head).

• Like 3

might help if our left back was able to play as a left back instead of being told to go into CM we leave Barnes to play against a full back and a winger and take forever to get him the ball rather than give it to him in space its dumb management

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 1

On 31/12/2022 at 15:26, Dawko said:

Why call them wingers if they have to cut inside?

Right wingers should be able to cross with their right foot.

Left wingers should be able to cross with their left foot.

Pretty simple really.

.. inverted wingers!!!

Pretty much the policy now for teams to go that way. There is little point in putting crosses into the box for us, when  we have one or possibly two in the box, but not proficient at heading the ball.

We deploy players like Barnes who can shoot across the keeper, cutting in opens them up to a wider picture and attacking options. There needs to be the ability to go down the line as well, you are then too predictable just cutting in.

Mahrez got away with it because of his ability to go either way, we knew his preference but teams struggled  to just show him down the line.

I suppose the best defense against players such as these, is to  put yourself  in a position  to make up their minds for them!!!

• Like 1

Should be allowed more freedom to switch sides with Perez or whoever is playing on the right during the game. Every other team does it, mixes it up and means the opposition defence have to think more. Plenty have said this time and time again but Rodgers is far too rigid with his frontline to even contemplate it. I think Barnes has spent about a minute on the right all season. 

• Like 1

Barnes sold...

Newcastle's offer accepted, £38mil.

Rodgers so angry,he's turned green..& contemplating whether he will now return to the Emerald Isle...

Maddison & Tielemans take over player-managerial positions...

Well if people love the fantasy stories from FT,they might as well get their teeth into this one...

Barnes’ best trait is by far is speed and power, every time he gets 1v1 he should immediately try and knock him past his guy, inside or outside, he would wreck havoc.

He makes like soo easy for defenders most of the time.

Edited by jmono84

11 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Barnes’ best trait is by far is speed and power, every time he gets 1v1 he should immediately try and knock him past his guy, inside or outside, he would wreck havoc.

He makes like soo easy for defenders most of the time.

Getting tight to Barnes nullifies his skills, teams are realising this.

• Like 2

He hasn’t been at his best but, then Youri hasn’t, Daka hasn’t occupied defenders in the same way Vardy has and Madders has been injured.

I think if we can get a quality RW in some of the pressure/ defender attention may shift and we see Barnes numbers improve.

7 minutes ago, Claridge said:

People are stupid when it comes to Barnes. His goal scoring /assists stats  are amazing and we could never replace them. Of course he can be frustrating at times, but so could almost every single winger in history. Used to get bellends on here moan about Mahrez

I largely agree but when it comes to Barnes I am sympathetic to his critics, more so than with Riyad's. Mahrez was and still is an absolute wizard of a footballer that got a hard time on foxestalk because he didn't run around enough and has a slightly languid style out of possession. 

Barnes however just has some of the most frustrating inconsistency I've ever seen in a Leicester shirt. It is hard to watch sometimes. 

When you know he can single handedly devastate teams and then you have to watch performances like his at Liverpool that's just bafflingly bad, I get why people get annoyed. 

Obviously if he was consistent, he'd be racking up another 10/15 goals and assists a season and he'd be far too good to stay here so it's swings and roundabouts. 

On form he walks in to our team no question and, yes, a lot of the criticism is still wildly over the top. 

I’m a big fan of Barnes but can recognise that he wasn’t getting a sniff out of Trent but as others have said, the need to switch up our play exasperates his poor performance.

I know we’re very blunt up top but not only switching sides but when Nacho came on, imagine that Rodgers instructed Barnes to drop deep to drag Trent out of position etc - basically anything other than just hopeful punts down the line for Barnes was required but we/he kept doing the same unsuccessful run into trouble.

I can’t help but think that’s on Rodgers more than Barnes as you can see/hear him barking orders when not got his nose in his little notebook.

Just now, BigWesMorgan said:

Does Harvey Barnes deserve to wear a Leicester City shirt at the minute?

Shows how few options we have in those positions in my opinion. Without KDH providing constant back-up down the left side he doesn't seem to have the confidence to take anyone on and his decision making at times is absolutely woeful. 

• Like 1