Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

9 minutes ago, TK95 said:

He probably goes into training everyday knowing he'll get a free pass. Where's the incentive when it's just another routine day at work for him

This is a good point. He has zero competition for his place. We are the only team in the league with only one proper wide player in the squad. The lack of investment in that area is mind boggling. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

Poor finishes, but I'm fed up of the criticism he gets when the likes of Albrighton contributes absolutely nothing. If Barnes doesn't play, we have zero attacking threat....Zero.

Bizarre post in the context of today. Albrighton literally put an absolute sitter on a plate for Barnes who missed an easy chance. lol

• Like 3

Far too one dimensional IMO. 

Love his story and history with us, and on his day when the opposition suits him, he can be electric. 

However, he just doesn't have enough alternative qualities to be a top top Premier League player. 

Gray is similar, and had some amazing performances with us and is with Everton, but more often than not, both are ineffective and even cost you games in front of goal or by dribbling straight into defenders or not passing when they should.

Still deserves a new manager to try get more out of him, and there is a chance they will, but I have my doubts and think he has a ceiling of limited ability, which he won't be able to break through. 

Prove me wrong Barnsy plz! :fc:

39 minutes ago, davieG said:

Considering it was Albrighton who put, with a perfect cross the ball on a plate for Barnes to miss an absolute sitter you could well have that the wrong way around.

Barnes - 6 goals this season.

Albrighton - 6 goals in 6 seasons.

We're literally fielding the worst winger in the league on the right hand side for the best part of a decade. To blame our only attacking threat for the best part of three seasons now, is exactly why we're in this mess. 

You know Rodgers made Albrighton captain so individuals like you would be sympathetic to the manager right? He's playing you all.

Misses far too many chances. All this talk of being better under a new manager yet he’s getting chances now.

Today’s second half miss was criminal, don’t care who the manager is.

But I’m supposed to rate his 6 goals a season or whatever he turns out.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Misses far too many chances. All this talk of being better under a new manager yet he’s getting chances now.

I think he's declined rapidly as a player. He should for the past three seasons be on 15+ goals. He has that many chances.

Nowadays he goes missing in games for 85 mins rather than previous 30. He never runs at people either. 

I've no idea why he's starting and for me he could actually cost Rodgers his job, let alone us points with these chances missed like today 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

I think he's declined rapidly as a player. He should for the past three seasons be on 15+ goals. He has that many chances.

Nowadays he goes missing in games for 85 mins rather than previous 30. He never runs at people either. 

I've no idea why he's starting and for me he could actually cost Rodgers his job, let alone us points with these chances missed like today 

Agreed, he goes missing all the time. Once one thing doesn’t work that it he’s done. Wingers are so important and our options are pathetic. 

Barnes played in a prime free flowing Rodgers side, he definitely should have been pushing 12-14 league goals. Didn’t even get double figures.

Edited by Fox92

28 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Out of interest, if we drop him who would you play instead, bearing in mind our "plethora" of wide options?

1 hour ago, FoxyLeon said:

Barnes - 6 goals this season.

Albrighton - 6 goals in 6 seasons.

We're literally fielding the worst winger in the league on the right hand side for the best part of a decade. To blame our only attacking threat for the best part of three seasons now, is exactly why we're in this mess. 

You know Rodgers made Albrighton captain so individuals like you would be sympathetic to the manager right? He's playing you all.

Albrighton is a wide midfielder. Barnes is a striker. 

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Out of interest, if we drop him who would you play instead, bearing in mind our "plethora" of wide options?

That’s the issue isn’t it. 

We are up shit creek without a paddle on our wide options and attackers in general. 

4 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

For the life of me I don't know why we haven't gone with two up top. Would mean wingbacks have to play but surely it's worth a go?

• Like 2