Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

2 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

I'm not convinced on Barnes yet.  He seems a bit like Gray in respects that he can have a bit of a purple patch of good games, then he vanishes for ages.  He still makes the wrong decisions that's needed for a top player way too often and that's why he's wildly inconsistent.  Unplayable one month, anonymous the next.  

Gray rarely even had a purple patch of good games.

Barnes is far, far better and consistent. It's only since Barnes' injury has the consistency been affected.

Last season pre-injury Barnes was on fire for pretty much those 6 months of the season. 

I can't remember Gray ever having a month or so of good 'unplayable' form. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Personally I think he is a huge confidence player and the return of fans doubles the effect of this. 

Mess up without a crowd and you can forget that moment. It’s much harder with groans each time, it plays on your mind. Same can be said for iheanacho tbh

Edited by Lambert09

2 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

I'm not convinced on Barnes yet.  He seems a bit like Gray in respects that he can have a bit of a purple patch of good games, then he vanishes for ages.  He still makes the wrong decisions that's needed for a top player way too often and that's why he's wildly inconsistent.  Unplayable one month, anonymous the next.  

Agree, But I am giving him and only  couple of others After awkward injuries, this rest of the season vor a Time for a reset

He is still a decent player, But to take it up to where We believed/hopes he would get to,he has to put in a lot of time & concentration

on his futue game....Or he will remain in & out of squads as a Good squad player... He is not yet a top 6 player...

Edited by fuchsntf

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Who would not like that? 

ask the people that are trying to claim he's worse than Gray was, even at Forest he was our biggest threat and hte only one causing their back 3 a problem, yes he doesn't defend much so set the midfield up to cover for it like Klopp does

4 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

ask the people that are trying to claim he's worse than Gray was, even at Forest he was our biggest threat and hte only one causing their back 3 a problem, yes he doesn't defend much so set the midfield up to cover for it like Klopp does

No one thinks he’s worse than Gray come on 

I'm not having Gray is better then Barnes

Gray 153 games (7060 minutes) - 15 goals - 11 assists (Goal contribution every 271 minutes)     

Barnes 97 games ( 6172 minutes) 18 goals - 17 assists (Goal contribution every 176 minutes)

In 888 less minutes (equivalent 0f 9.8 games) Barnes has 9 more goal contributions  (3 goals and 6 assists) 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

We saw how good Barnes was coming back from WBA, we was a threat every time he had the ball as he'd surge forward and bustle his way past players, the only thing missing was his finishing, he'd be creating 4/5 chances a match for himself. I've wondered whether Rodgers has tried to stop that for fear of losing possession, however I said this at the start of the season that since coming back from injury he doesn't look as strong, he's much thinner in body and face and his style of play that was bringing him success needs that extra strength.

1 minute ago, lcfcsnow said:

We saw how good Barnes was coming back from WBA, we was a threat every time he had the ball as he'd surge forward and bustle his way past players, the only thing missing was his finishing, he'd be missing 4/5 chances a match but he was creating them mostly for himself.. I said this at the start of the season but since coming back from injury he doesn't look as strong, he's much thinning in body and face.

If the training regime has required him to lose weight they are making a stupid mistake , he is naturally a solid looking individual.

• Like 1

Guest BlueBrett
16 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

His output last season was up there with any winger in the top 5 leagues in Europe bar a handful of the obvious elite players. He was getting better and better and yet this season has been so mediocre for him so far. Shame, I really thought his performance at home to Napoli was his return to what he is capable of but it's been very hit and miss.

True. I was surprised just how good his numbers were when I looked them up. Stand by what I said though. Feel like the stats are kind of misleading/inflated by us playing through him so much since we are such a lopsided team. Even last season when he was enjoying success I'd say the eye test somewhat undermined the statistics.

Had end of season awards for my 8 a side league the other week and top goalscorer was this chubby guy who basically goal hangs for the notorious hoof-ball team. He's a decent finisher to be fair to the lad but there's no way anyone would put him even in the top 30 players in the league. He wouldn't get in half of the teams but he plays to his strengths and benefits from their style of play. Kind of a farcical comparison I know but I'm using the example anyway since it helps me justify my opinion on Barnes in the face of contradictory evidence lol 

On 08/02/2022 at 17:27, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Barnes can't defend, has never defended since he joined the academy and isn't about to start now,

He terrifies poor defenders but there's not many about outside of our club. He and his fathers/ mentors game is/was to run at players usually selfishly and shoot. This worked brilliantly for West Brom and did for a period here until he got sussed as predictable. He cant run through players despite repeatedly trying especially if they double up and our 'wingbacks' cross better.

Reward when its due but virtually tripling a players wages after a short reasonable run? Same hunger when a multi millionaire?

Barnes coming back form injury then twice after covid meant Iheanacho not getting a game. Vardy in his 36th year is knackered hence his absence now and we have been crying out to play two out of the 3 forwards together.

Iheanacho looked lost of Sunday, game had gone and was too chaotic for Daka to change it, he should have started as a two

Much like Demarai Gray.

Edited by gazzaa2