Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

Imagine how good he would be if he actually had a footballing brain. Also I'm not liking his constant selfishness at the moment. There's an amazing player in there but it seems his thought process needs some work. Often seems lazy getting to the ball mainly because he switches off too easily 

3 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Imagine how good he would be if he actually had a footballing brain. Also I'm not liking his constant selfishness at the moment. There's an amazing player in there but it seems his thought process needs some work. Often seems lazy getting to the ball mainly because he switches off too easily 

Anyone else?

He was so up for it! Even when challenging the fullback in the air. He’s a bit of a unit so needs to make use of his frame more, even the ref felt sorry for the Burnley fullback by giving him cheap free kicks.

When Barnes is in this mood he really is

a dangerous player! Very good recently and I hope he can keep it going!

1 hour ago, escape2victory said:

Really good from him last few games. Is more heavily involved and influences the game. At times earlier in the season he was on the periphery.

I think having 2 left footers in Thomas and Dewsbury Hall around on that side helps as better passing lines and can feed him the ball more. When you have Castagne/Justin at left back there is a tendency to play the ball inside rather than down the line with a left foot to Barnes 

Agreed, although I thought Thomas was a bit calamitous last night on the ball, KDH got some lovely balls arched round the corner for Barnes to get on the attack, it's definitely helping.

• Like 1

His form last season proved that he's got the ability and belief to improve and reach the very very top. This season hasn't been plain sailing for him but I think we're seeing a big improvement from him and he's now in his stride. He tends to score and assist in streaks and he's in one of them now IMO.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Might finally get his 20+ goal contributions this season

Currently on 14 - 7 goals and 7 assists

Got to 17 before his injury last season - 13 goals and 4 assists

Got 16 in 19/20 - 7 goals and 9 assists

For how poor a start to the season he had he is still actually producing slightly better than the last 2 seasons as well

This season - goal contribution every 144 minutes

Last Season - goal contribution every 153 minutes

19/20 - goal contribution every 155 minutes

His ability on his weaker foot is better than any other winger I can think of in the league, teams can no longer block off his attempts to cut inside on to his right foot, in fact it's easier for them to defend against him when he does that. His goals, assists and chance creation when he goes on the outside is sublime.

The 2nd goal was fantastic - He'd come inside all night so to go on the outside and whip in such as a great left footed cross was fantastic. 

He'll give defenders even more concerns now that he can go both ways. 

The upturn in his form has been incredible over the last few weeks 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Agreed, although I thought Thomas was a bit calamitous last night on the ball, KDH got some lovely balls arched round the corner for Barnes to get on the attack, it's definitely helping.

Yes I agree ( re Thomas) . He is maddeningly inconsistent because he’s shown glimpses of what he could be ( as good / better than Chilwell) and on occasions looks like a meh squad member in the youth / junior set up .

• Like 2

1 minute ago, surrifox said:

Yes I agree ( re Thomas) . He is maddeningly inconsistent because he’s shown glimpses of what he could be ( as good / better than Chilwell) and on occasions looks like a meh squad member in the youth / junior set up .

I have noticed it quite a bit this season but I don't think Cags helps him out a lot when we try playing this keep ball crap around the back

Quite often Cags will pass the ball to him when he is out close to the touchline with a winger not too far away so that by the time he receives the ball the winger has already pressed up to him and Thomas has no choice but to either try and get the ball back to Cags or try and win a throw

Thomas had an underwhelming game last night but I believe it was in the 1st half where he made an absolutely brilliant recovery tackle on Weghorst who looked to be away and through, might have been from the Cags slip I think?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, surrifox said:

at the same age I think Chilwell was just breaking into the fist team and had good and bad performances. Thomas will never be the attacking force that Chilwell was/Is, but he will be the better defender.

Barnes has really improved - caused West Ham problems then great goal away at Randers and only brilliant goalkeeping stopped a hat trick last night not to mention the assists for Vardy and Ricardo etc

If we lose Tielemans in the summer so vital that we keep hold of Barnes and Maddison and hopefully one or both can get back into England contention

On 02/03/2022 at 11:29, Greg2607 said:

at the same age I think Chilwell was just breaking into the fist team and had good and bad performances. Thomas will never be the attacking force that Chilwell was/Is, but he will be the better defender.

thomas lack of pace is a problem