Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

thomas lack of pace is a problem

Potentially, but he seemed to do ok against Salah in December.  Pace is hugely important for recovery, but positioning is more important for defending. 

On 02/03/2022 at 11:29, Greg2607 said:Thomas will never be the attacking force that Chilwell was/Is, but he will be the better defender.

I don’t know what your definition of “force” is, but it must be entirely different to mine if you thought Chilly had attacking force here 🤣

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

thomas lack of pace is a problem

Definitely not. Quicker than he looks and don't remember him getting done for pace often. Strength is a bigger issue for him and he'll grow in that respect.

• Like 1

What I loved the most the other night was the assist for the second goal. Using his weak foot to get the ball in. Far too often recently it’s been way too predictable that he will cut in on his right and go for goal. 

12 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

What I loved the most the other night was the assist for the second goal. Using his weak foot to get the ball in. Far too often recently it’s been way too predictable that he will cut in on his right and go for goal. 

He has been striking them well and he made a couple of chances out of nowt but Lookman might be sulking, He`s been in great positions and the ball didn`t come and that JV comes on for 10 minutes and Barnes delivers it on a silver platter.

I predict two Barnes assisted Vardy tap ins today and a slightley miffed Kookman.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, He aint bald said:

He has been striking them well and he made a couple of chances out of nowt but Lookman might be sulking, He`s been in great positions and the ball didn`t come and that JV comes on for 10 minutes and Barnes delivers it on a silver platter.

I predict two Barnes assisted Vardy tap ins today and a slightley miffed Kookman.

I noticed too re the thing with Lookman.

Lookman looked unhappy a few times when he got into great positions for tap ins but instead Barnes chose to shoot from difficult angles or had his shot blocked. Then Barnes puts it on a platter for Vardy which shows he could obviously deliver that pass. Not sure if there is something going on between Barnes and Lookman but Lookman looked unhappy.

Barnes coming back to goalscoring form, with Vardy's return and Maddison looking sharp of late too (hopefully not derailed again by injury) is huge for us.

Barnes was frighteningly good last season at times. If he can replicate that in the latter months of this year we'll undoubtedly continue to pick up results.

His finishing ability has improved a lot. I suppose there's an element of inevitability in that happening as he got more experienced at this level but you can tell he's worked very hard at it. Too often his shots were too close to the keeper but his goals vs Randers and Leeds show how much he's honed that curling finish.

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

His finishing ability has improved a lot. I suppose there's an element of inevitability in that happening as he got more experienced at this level but you can tell he's worked very hard at it. Too often his shots were too close to the keeper but his goals vs Randers and Leeds show how much he's honed that curling finish.

He reminds me of Coutinho with that sidestep to the right and a curl in the net from just outside the box. Left or Right side of the net must be difficult to defend against when done fast. He's getting it down. Now we just need someone on the right to do the same.

Edited by SO1

5 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

I noticed too re the thing with Lookman.

Lookman looked unhappy a few times when he got into great positions for tap ins but instead Barnes chose to shoot from difficult angles or had his shot blocked. Then Barnes puts it on a platter for Vardy which shows he could obviously deliver that pass. Not sure if there is something going on between Barnes and Lookman but Lookman looked unhappy.

You guys and your conspiracy theories.:)

6 hours ago, Sampson said:

Great goal, also looked our only threat in the first half.

Think he's had a really poor season overall, but the past 4 games or so he looks like he's finally finding his best form again which is great for us.

Really poor season is very harsh. Still coming back from that biggish injury and he's got 15 goal contributions in 30 matches, few of those sub appearances or been subbed off. Definitely not at last year's level but that's partly because at the time of his injury he was arguably the in form English player in the country, and virtually unplayable. And we're talking about him playing in a poorly performing team.

To have that output when nowhere near his best tells you just how good his best has been.

Sounds stupid to say but I hope he never completely loses that erratic side of his game (obviously hope he continues to smooth out the rough edges) . It adds to his unpredictability and makes him that much harder to cope with. Give him the ball enough times and something is guaranteed to happen.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SO1 said:

He reminds me of Coutinho with that sidestep to the right and a curl in the net from just outside the box. Left or Right side of the net must be difficult to defend against when done fast. He's getting it down. Now we just need someone on the right to do the same.

Yeah and his ability to shoot and cross off his left foot is lethal as well. He's class when in full flow.

I still think his decision making needs work. He scored a great goal today but he's become just so greedy with the ball. The one time he decides to play a one two he scores. Plenty of times he should have passed and instead just ran into a wall or had his shot blocked. He needs to really up his mental game. 

9 hours ago, Big_Nige said:

Defensively he put a right shift in tonight, the side of his game that he doesn’t always do. Harvey is definitely back

Yes I noticed that, especially 1st half. Very good to see as people are usually quick to slate him for not tracking back aggressively enough.

• Like 2