Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

He looks terrible with Albrighton, as do most of the squad, let's actually take Marc out the team before we rush into getting rid of Barnes.

Vardy, Iheanacho and Barnes are the only forwards we have that regularly look like scoring. 

13 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

He looks terrible with Albrighton, as do most of the squad, let's actually take Marc out the team before we rush into getting rid of Barnes.

Vardy, Iheanacho and Barnes are the only forwards we have that regularly look like scoring. 

But he doesn't look like scoring, he never shoots with any conviction. Wasn't his last goal v Leeds away? Run, run, run, get to the box, cut inside. Teams figured that tactic out in 2017. He needs switching with the right winger occasionally to mix it up a bit. His miss tonight was as bad as Nacho's in the first leg. I'd be starting Lookman ahead of him on Sunday. Albrighton, just like KDH, leaves his soul on the pitch.  For someone brought as a plain old winger, he's massively adapted his game over the years to fit every manager.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

I would say he needs a rest but he just had the international break to rest and recover. 

Maybe it's a confidence thing? 

I think that's it.  I disagree with those who don't rate him but he's just not on it at the moment, and his attempts to help defensively are embarrassingly poor.  I would have selected Lookman ahead of him tonight, especially as it would have presented a different challenge to the RB who had Barnes in his pocket last week.  That would have given us the option of bringing on Barnes, with his speed and direct running, when the opposition tired.

Barnes is a fantastic player.  He currently lacks confidence.

With Vardy and Ndidi injured and Mendy unavailable, our squad looked impressive today.  I would guess the spirit is good and hopefully Barnes will be firing soon.

Don’t write Barnes off. He is a great player and if you remember he used to be unselfish and a good passer. He got taken away by the coaches here to get him to focus on shooting and being selfish. He just needs some time away to put all that together. I feel he is a confidence player who has been told to just put his head down to focus on his own thing. If he can be confident that whatever he does (whether it is to shoot, pass or run) he will be supported, he will get better at decision making. At the moment, it seems like the decision part has been taken away from him with the coaches telling him just go head down and shoot.

• Like 1

It's a shame his form has dropped right off again as he was starting to look v dangerous again until the last few games . It wasn't long ago when he destroyed West Hams full back (cresswell?) at home and then went on a run of 6 straight games either scoring or assisting

It's not scapegoating or being overly critical to say he's been very poor for a while now. He needs some serious shooting practice his technique is letting him down too often. He'll come good but Lookman is the much better option currently. His decision making and shooting technique need a lot of work imo but once he sorts that out, and I've every confidence he will, he'll be lethal. To blame the players around him or to write him off completely is equally baffling to me. 

Needs to lay off the boozing several times a week and focus on his football. No coincidence the mental aspects of his game have been struggling since lockdown ended properly. The lad is always fighting off a hangover. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, iancognito said:

But he doesn't look like scoring, he never shoots with any conviction. Wasn't his last goal v Leeds away? Run, run, run, get to the box, cut inside. Teams figured that tactic out in 2017. He needs switching with the right winger occasionally to mix it up a bit. His miss tonight was as bad as Nacho's in the first leg. I'd be starting Lookman ahead of him on Sunday. Albrighton, just like KDH, leaves his soul on the pitch.  For someone brought as a plain old winger, he's massively adapted his game over the years to fit every manager.

First bad game Albrighton has had for ages  whereas Barnes has  one good game in 3

What's the best thing for Barnes right now? When he was coming through, the feeling was that he just needed to keep going and things would fall into place. Then, of course, he was brilliant. But I wonder now if he just needs a bit of time out of the side to get fresh, work on his game at the training ground and make an impact as a sub. Rodgers says he's a better player when angry, so maybe taking him out of the side for a bit isn't such a bad idea.

7 hours ago, Dames said:

Needs to lay off the boozing several times a week and focus on his football. No coincidence the mental aspects of his game have been struggling since lockdown ended properly. The lad is always fighting off a hangover. 

Amazed by that tbh as he comes across as wild as James Milner in his interviews. Proper drone that could send you to sleep 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Amazed by that tbh as he comes across as wild as James Milner in his interviews. Proper drone that could send you to sleep 

Thats just the media training. A lot of players sound more and more like that these days.

As for Harvey he’s practically part of the furniture in Terrace Bar these days.