Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

14 hours ago, Dames said:

Needs to lay off the boozing several times a week and focus on his football. No coincidence the mental aspects of his game have been struggling since lockdown ended properly. The lad is always fighting off a hangover. 

Not the first time I’ve heard this. 

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Webbo said:

He's been very poor for a few weeks now. Seems to have lost his confidence. 

it’s partly this and partly trying too hard to hit his best levels. He so rarely just takes the simple option. 

If things aren’t going for you in a game get a couple of easy passes in. He lost the ball almost every time he touched it tonight.

i also don’t think he suits a 4-3-3. He needs that extra support player around him. 

Edited by Lambert09

4 hours ago, Webbo said:

He's been very poor for a few weeks now. Seems to have lost his confidence. 

Been poor for a lot longer than that, thought he was quality last season until injured but such a let down this season.He was so bad last night it was unbelievable.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

I said before I sometimes wonder how he has made it as a top level player. Last night was another of those times.

Made it??

Had an impressive loan and we love him here cos he's one of our own and can win a game on his own twice a season.

Soooo overrated 

Guarantee if he wasn't 'one of our own' he would be on the same 'get rid' list as the rest.

He's no better than Demarai Gray, just gets less grief because he's our golden child.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jmono84 said:

I said before I sometimes wonder how he has made it as a top level player. Last night was another of those times.

His old fella is good mates of JR

Hes had a privileged career at LCFC,

Rodgers sets the team up to accommodate him regardless of outcome.

Binning Iheanacho after HB got over injury and double Covid was moronic 

He’s one of our own though so he can do no wrong 

• Like 1

Another player who has been badly managed. He just lacks confidence. All this talk of him not being good enough is nonsense. Look at his stats. Last year he scored 9 league goals and set up 4. At times he is unplayable. 

He is also only 24. People are happy to give Daka time to settle but he's the same age as Barnes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Problem with Barnes is that he is very good at what he's best at but pretty useless at everything else. He really was poor last night. 

It's a pretty big period in his career, his raw attributes mean he will have a good career and will make things happen and get occasional goals and assists. However if he wants to progress further he needs to add more to his game. 

• Like 1

Base technical level isn't very good, so when he is off form he looks horrific.

If we continue with our low tempo possession style, he will continue to struggle.

If we can somehow rediscover the high pressing, swarming style we had when Rodgers first took over, he will likely flourish again. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, martyn said:

Base technical level isn't very good, so when he is off form he looks horrific.

If we continue with our low tempo possession style, he will continue to struggle.

If we can somehow rediscover the high pressing, swarming style we had when Rodgers first took over, he will likely flourish again. 

While I agree. Part of the problem with rediscovering the high pressing style is that Barnes himself is hands down the worst presser and laziest player in the squad. And when you look at our pressing stats, his stand out like a sore thumb for being so low.

And you can’t say it’s his position because Albrighton tops our pressing stats and Perez and Lookman are right up there too.

He himself is one of the biggest problems as to why we struggle to have that same high intensity pressing from the front anymore.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

It always feels to me that when he has a spell out of the team he comes back playing instinctively, then, the longer he is in the team the more he follows the instructions of the manager about passing and not just running the full back he knows he has the beating of ragged. Barnes needs to ignore Rodgers to thrive, but if he does will he play?

• Like 1

He just goes from one extreme to the other.

On his day he is completely unplayable and wouldn't look out of place at any club, but when he's poor and low on confidence he looks quick but clueless.

He'd benefit from a fresh start as much as anyone imo.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

He just goes from one extreme to the other.

On his day he is completely unplayable and wouldn't look out of place at any club, but when he's poor and low on confidence he looks quick but clueless.

He'd benefit from a fresh start as much as anyone imo.

I'm sure being made the public scapegoat by the, manager on multiple occasions has a lot to do with the confidence issues, especially when you've watched Tielemans give the ball away far more often all season and nothing be said

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I'm sure being made the public scapegoat by the, manager on multiple occasions has a lot to do with the confidence issues, especially when you've watched Tielemans give the ball away far more often all season and nothing be said

Genuinely don’t recall him ever being scapegoated. More protected