Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

5 hours ago, FLAN said:

Didn’t know that so I guess that’s swings and roundabouts. No doubt he had a decent second half but how long  can he be allowed to remain so inconsistent?

What other player this season has shown consistency ?  The side has not even shown a consistent performance over 90 minutes.

4 minutes ago, jerry said:

What other player this season has shown consistency ?  The side has not even shown a consistent performance over 90 minutes.

Maddison probably the only other.

15 goals and 9 assists in 50 games is very good.

Pretty much a goal or an assist every 2 games. 

Just now, StanSP said:

Maddison probably the only other.

15 goals and 9 assists in 50 games is very good.

Pretty much a goal or an assist every 2 games. 

And some would rather have kept Tielemans in preference not that long ago.

11 goals and 13 assists is a good return. 

If we can sign a top quality right winger who can occupy the opposition defence, it will really open up space for Barnes, Maddison & KDH to get more goals/assists.

• Like 2

2 goals and 3 assists in his last 2 games. He's had patches of ruthless form in a season he'll openly admit hasn't been his best. He's got so much ability to bring goals to this team and a strong summer focusing on being a beast again please. Easily capable of 25 goal contributions in the PL alone a season.

• Like 4

Beautiful finish for the second goal today. A full injury-free preseason under his belt and hopefully he'll get back up to a consistent top gear.

I'd love to see us have something like the below for our attacking options behind the striker/s next season:

LW: - Barnes / Lookman

CAM: - Maddison / de Ketelaere 

RW: -  Madueke / Albrighton.

Hugely optimistic though. 

Edited by LCCFox96
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Shane said:

11 goals and 13 assists is a good return. 

If we can sign a top quality right winger who can occupy the opposition defence, it will really open up space for Barnes, Maddison & KDH to get more goals/assists.

Exactly. Ever since Mahrez left we've been crying out for it, but it's even more critical now having to replace Vardy is getting closer. We need a front 3 scoring and assisting at above a 10/10 ratio + Maddison & Dewsbury-Hall contributing from midfield and we are about there.

• Like 1

We all can see what he’s capable of and that’s what’s most frustrating, but his injuries haven’t helped ( as can be said for most of the squad ) there is no doubt to me he’s capable of at least 15 premier league goals a season but we need to find the right players and formation to suit him

On repeat:

Barnes and Maddison have to be two of the first names on  the teamsheet.  They terrify defences.   

Barnes needs to be encouraged to run at full backs more.

Changing to new on repeat:

Maddison, Barnes and KDH have to be three of the first...

But I think the same about  Vardy and Fofana too.

• Like 2

If he went to Liverpool he'd get 20 goals a season. He's as good as Sterling but with the same shortcomings for me. He only looks out of it when he is responsible for doing everything on his own (ie. when Vardy isn't playing) but other than that he's red hot.

• Like 1

I don't understand the OTT criticism of this lad...

I never expected this season to be a flyer for him..

This young guy had 2 knee operations..

He plays in the PL...It was obvious he would need a full season to get back to those highs he had reached last season..

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

If he went to Liverpool he'd get 20 goals a season. He's as good as Sterling but with the same shortcomings for me. He only looks out of it when he is responsible for doing everything on his own (ie. when Vardy isn't playing) but other than that he's red hot.

In that front three he’d be scary, would have the midfield to back him which is what we need here to really push forwards