Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

11 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

In that front three he’d be scary, would have the midfield to back him which is what we need here to really push forwards

Doesn’t press enough to be in that front three. Happy to see he’s had another positive season. Says it all that we’ve been disappointed with him at times, yet his numbers are really good. 

15 hours ago, Bert said:

Doesn’t press enough to be in that front three. Happy to see he’s had another positive season. Says it all that we’ve been disappointed with him at times, yet his numbers are really good. 

Think he’d be okay with the rest of the team around him tbf! 

I do think he is capable of more but the team needs near perfect conditions 

6 hours ago, StanSP said:

Didn't people say he should come off at HT on Sunday and then he ended up scoring 2 decent goals? 

i actually missed the game so I have no idea. But from what i’ve seen he’s not one that usually turn himself around when things are going badly.

Personally i think he gets in his own head a bit too much. Sometimes you need a bit of dave nugent in you, laugh off the slip ups and get back at it 

6 hours ago, StanSP said:

Didn't people say he should come off at HT on Sunday and then he ended up scoring 2 decent goals? 

Yep no doubt the same people that want Potter as the next manager…….

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

i actually missed the game so I have no idea. But from what i’ve seen he’s not one that usually turn himself around when things are going badly.

Personally i think he gets in his own head a bit too much. Sometimes you need a bit of dave nugent in you, laugh off the slip ups and get back at it 

Some that moan about his lack of impact or having his head down too much will then use the fact he's laughing about it against him, saying he's not taking anything seriously...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Some that moan about his lack of impact or having his head down too much will then use the fact he's laughing about it against him, saying he's not taking anything seriously...

Cant control the fans, but for him personally... he just always seems like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders. I just think that when he's out there enjoying himself he's twice the player 

• Like 1

If he could just learn yo play with his head up a little more his stats will be insane. 

To come off an indifferent season like he has had with that amount of goals and assists shows just how good a player we have if we can just get a little more consistency from him. 

Just now, Ian Nacho said:

I think people get frustrated with him because he’s so close to being a top top class player.  His final ball and decision making can be poor at times. 

Agree with that. 

• Like 1

Ended the season really well with handbrake off style football and Vardy to get on the end of his deliveries.

A season that won't be considered anywhere near a good season for him but he's still brought goals and assists in flurries. He can be as good as he wants to be, he's got the ability and he's shown he can improve as his end product in the 1st year or so of PL football wasn't good enough and since then he's up there with the top band of wingers in the league.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
49 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Crazy thing is he's done that with being anywhere near his best form.

If we can get Barnes on top form and keep Maddison on his current form at the same time, we could have a great season. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

7 goals and 10 assists in all competitions in 2022 so far

Same total goal contributions in all competitions in 2022 so far as Maddison who has 11 goals and 6 assists

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

7 goals and 10 assists in all competitions in 2022 so far

And, as mentioned before, he's actually looked underwhelming. 

He's going to be one of those players whose figures and performances are incongruous.