Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Crazy thing is he's done that with being anywhere near his best form.

If we can get Barnes on top form and keep Maddison on his current form at the same time, we could have a great season. 

Its an interesting point as its been a while since they've both been on form at the same time.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Its an interesting point as its been a while since they've both been on form at the same time.

A nice rest, a strong preseason, with the wind blowing in the right direction... Dare we hope?

I'd love to see our English attacking players burst out of the blocks at the start of the new season

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Bourbon Fox said:

I'd love to see our English attacking players burst out of the blocks at the start of the new season

The leading 3 English goal scorers (and goal contributers) all playing for Leicester as we go into the world cup?

Anyone putting a tenner on that?

Another fiver on a top 4 with KDH, long shot but pay it out of the top 3 winnings

EDIT  just one off Barnes, Madders or Vardy leading the whole league might be on too, Man City permitting

Edited by He aint bald
probably madders, not harvey though
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great goal yesterday. Felt like he looked our most likely to score all game though. Think it's only the fact we have Barnes and Maddison who can score from half-chances which keeps me going rn.

Also moved ahead of Matt Elliott on our all-time top PL goalscorers list:

Premier League Player Stats - Goals

1. Jamie Vardy 133

2. Riyad Mahrez 39

3. James Maddison 35

=4. Emile Heskey 33

=4. Muzzy Izzet 33

6. Tony Cottee 27

7. Kelechi Iheanacho 25

8. Harvey Barnes 23

9. Matt Elliott 22

=10. Leonardo Ulloa 18

=10. Youri Tielemans 18

=10. Ian Marshall 18

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 3

He’s missed a few good headers previously so seeing him rise well fit the disallowed effort was encouraging.

If he can incrementally adding bits to his game the sky’s the limit. With a new manager he’ll be properly unleashed 

• Like 1

He is now a striker and at the moment is the best bet to succeed Vardy as principal striker. To be honest Maddison is also largely playing as a striker as well and that is not ideal. It looks as though Daka was the wrong choice and that is not Patson's fault at all Anybody who saw Haaland knock the Palace defenders about yesterday and the power of Mitrovic should know we need muscle up front. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

He is now a striker and at the moment is the best bet to succeed Vardy as principal striker. To be honest Maddison is also largely playing as a striker as well and that is not ideal. It looks as though Daka was the wrong choice and that is not Patson's fault at all Anybody who saw Haaland knock the Palace defenders about yesterday and the power of Mitrovic should know we need muscle up front. 

I thought about this as well. Barnes could be converted to a striker under the right coach. 

He's 25 in a few months. He's nor a kid anymore. He should be in his prime by now. This is the best of Barnes we will see as a wide man. As a striker maybe he could reach another level.

33 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I mean he isn't a striker, and neither is Maddison?

Neither are playing as strikers either - Barnes is still very much playing as a right footed left winger, and Maddison is very much player like an attacking midfielder.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Koke said:

He's 25 in a few months. He's nor a kid anymore. He should be in his prime by now. This is the best of Barnes we will see as a wide man. As a striker maybe he could reach another level.

Not sure, about 27/28 is still a reasonable peak for a player. I'd say he's probably approaching his peak, at least hopefully he is anyway. 

Under the right manager (seem to be saying this a lot recently lol ), he can excel further I think. 

In an attacking side, he'll bag 15-20 goals and assists each season easily. 

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I mean he isn't a striker, and neither is Maddison?

Neither are playing as strikers either - Barnes is still very much playing as a right footed left winger, and Maddison is very much player like an attacking midfielder.

Maddison is probably our principal goal threat , what you describe him as is semantics. I would prefer him further back but needs must. Barnes is , too me anyway, a Mane, Salah type of forward.. He plays the left channel but is not an out and out winger.

1 minute ago, Brizzle Fox said:

He doesn't half score and assist a lot of goals considering how shit he is.

Harvey can be a lethal attacker , these days he knows how to hit the target. He is also a poor defender who rarely tracks back. Lookman is not as dangerous as Barnes but he does defend and having a choice between them was a useful thing for us. That is now lost.

28 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think Barnes would be able to replace Vardy…. He looks Sharp this season, we’re looking hopeless up front. It would be nice to see him played centrally maybe? 

I wouldn’t say no to him partnering Vardy rather than a direct replacement.

They seem to have built up a good relationship over the years and Harvey could compensate for Vardy’s lack of legs/press as he used too.