Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Harvey can be a lethal attacker , these days he knows how to hit the target. He is also a poor defender who rarely tracks back. Lookman is not as dangerous as Barnes but he does defend and having a choice between them was a useful thing for us. That is now lost.

Good job a winger's job is to score and create chances, primary to defending. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Harvey can be a lethal attacker , these days he knows how to hit the target. He is also a poor defender who rarely tracks back. Lookman is not as dangerous as Barnes but he does defend and having a choice between them was a useful thing for us. That is now lost.

I like lookman, but to even think anyone on earth would prefer him to Barnes:o

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

His ability at scoring and assisting off his weaker foot is up there with the best in the division. So much so I actually think he's better off his left, scored so many in the last 2+ seasons.

Did he score the two outside the box vs United and Palace with his left in 19/20?

• Like 1

Vardy does better with Barnes in the side stretching the backline. The lack of service we always mention when Vardy isn't scoring is usually when he hasn't got barnes running in behind and occupying defenders. On another day yesterday Vardy bags a couple and the season suddenly looks a lot better.

My biggest problem with Barnes is that he's plateaued as a player, maybe with niggly injuries, maybe with a lack of coaching, who knows. He has that one signature move that just doesn't work anymore. Run to the edge of the box, cut inside, blast.  When did it last work for him? Leeds away? Just occasionally I'd love to see Ropdgers switch him to the right, ask him to get to the byeline and cut one back or fizz it across the box. He doesn't improvise enough or try other things. Even a one-dimensional robot like SOuthgate would notice him if he did that.

• Like 1

On 29/08/2022 at 10:34, Claridge said:

If Barnes gets injured we are almost certainly getting relegated, him and Maddison are our two players that make a real difference now. 

We can't get loan players in, we're joke from Top to bottom, we're the new Banter club of the Premier league, taking Arsenal old spot😂😂

Not sure there's enough to hate on Barnes tonight. 

Only thing that annoyed me is that he did the right thing to get Dalot booked, then didn't do enough to coax him into doing it again. 

His long distance shot was good. But wasteful in possession but barely got any help. 

16 minutes ago, FLAN said:

If he wasn’t from Leicester he’d have been booed off the pitch from half time onwards. Such a lack of quality and even less desire. 

Really not sure what game you we're watching.

He was about the only player who looked capable of making something happen.

8 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Not sure he’s got the brain for it tbh.

Golden chance to try and roast Dalot all 2nd half and didn’t fancy it.

Joke of a player tonight, if there was an award for aimlessly running into a defending player he'd have the golden one. At one point KDH was looking for him for an option and he basically ran off the pitch running away from him. As for his work back, jogs back, doesn't ever seem to know who he's supposed to be tracking or marking, if he even bothers keeping up. 

I want him to do well but a moment of genius in 1 game seems to get him a free pass to go AWOL for the next 2 games.

Reminds me of Theo Walcott when he first came through at Southampton, give him the ball on the move at speed where he acts on instinct he can be great, make him think with the ball at his feet and try and make something happened - most likely to run into the defender or step on the ball 

14 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

Not sure he’s got the brain for it tbh.

Golden chance to try and roast Dalot all 2nd half and didn’t fancy it.

spot on, great running on to the ball in space on instinct, he's decent. make him try and work it out himself and take a player on he usually just ends up on the floor

22 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

I was watching him very closely. Start of second half the first 3 times he got the ball he gave it away cheaply. He seems to have no desire to win personal battles and his overall contribution to games is way below required levels. I really don’t think he will ever play for a bigger club than ours as he doesn’t have the right mindset. There’s some talent but he doesn’t know how to or want to use it 

He was jogging back at one point when Nacho was in out box defending. I am certain he wouldn’t get such a free ride if he wasn’t homegrown 

Remember that bit when Dalot started celebrating when he blocked a cross? The very top players use that as a bit of fire to push themselves. It acknowledged that the Man U defence considered him their greatest worry and it suggested his direct opponent is panicked. Instead he didn’t have another go at him all night