Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

Barnes is a supremely talented player but seems lacking in confidence. He had great stats last year to back that up. His problem now is Vardy is not the player he was and their is no threat from the right. All the opposition has to do is crowd him out because he's the only threat from this team. Maddison is being played out of position which doesn't help

Just now, lennybhoy said:

Harvey was piss poor and has a fragile mentality.He has just not moved onto the next level.A player now that we basically could do without for the battle ahead.

And still probably our only attacking threat during the whole game tonight. 

Madness some of the criticism Barnes gets on here. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Barnes is a supremely talented player but seems lacking in intelligence. He had great stats last year to back that up. His problem now is Vardy is not the player he was and their is no threat from the right. All the opposition has to do is crowd him out because he's the only threat from this team. Maddison is being played out of position which doesn't help

There you go fixed it for you. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, adam said:

And still probably our only attacking threat during the whole game tonight. 

Madness some of the criticism Barnes gets on here. 

I'd guarantee if you watched tonights game, but all the players were blacked out and you had no idea of the teams and you were asked to appraise the player out on the left and you'd say today they were dog shite

26 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Barnes is a supremely talented player but seems lacking in confidence. He had great stats last year to back that up. His problem now is Vardy is not the player he was and their is no threat from the right. All the opposition has to do is crowd him out because he's the only threat from this team. Maddison is being played out of position which doesn't help

If you had intelligence yourself you'd not abuse my posts.

33 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

He's always been a confidence man. You know within the first 15-20 if he's gonna have a good game or not. Probably had any semblance of self belief and adventure beaten out of him by our R2-D2 sized shitbag of a manager.

:D 

Harsh on R2 

Edited by FoxesWalk

15 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Was running at Dalot first half didn’t second, I wounded who spoke to him in the 15 mins between

bizarre as he was on a yellow all game and he didn’t just get at him and put him in uncomfortable situations. What manager wouldn’t be telling him to drive at his man for the rest of the game in that situation 🤷‍♂️

19 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

bizarre as he was on a yellow all game and he didn’t just get at him and put him in uncomfortable situations. What manager wouldn’t be telling him to drive at his man for the rest of the game in that situation 🤷‍♂️

One who values “control” above all else

I think it is time for him to play central in a front two with Vardy or Nacho. His is now too easy to guard on the left; too one dimensional. 

The same problem really with Vardy. All our front players are too isolated. I am not sure why Rodgers insists on isolation strategies. Unless they are Ronaldo or Messi, we can’t rely too much on moments of individual brilliance, which is what we have been like the past 18-24 months.

Vardy is talented but teams know how to play him now as a lone striker. Why do we insist?

Barnes always play isolated on the left. Why?

Everytime Nachos comes on, his ability to play linkup instantly lifts our attacking game. It is so obvious. Yet Rodgers just continue to leave him on the bench and use isolation tactics.

• 3 weeks later...

Barnes is another player that has been well and truly ‘Rodgered’ - he’s regressed. He loses the ball pretty much every time he goes on a run and never tries to switch it up by moving centrally or swapping wings. Have we ever seen Barnes on the right? Ever? Even for like 5 minutes? I know that’s down to Rodgers but ffs it’s painful to watch such a lack of invention.

I just wish even in the rigid role that Rodgers expects that Barnes would look after the ball better, he needs to look at that lad at Atalanta, (Lookman I think he’s called) for tips on how to not concede possession every time he gets the ball. 

6 minutes ago, Phenom said:

And start who? We have no depth.

Not that I like 3/5 ATB but that’s mainly how Rodgers plays that system.

With no alternative wide options, playing JJ/Timmy as WB could be a way to become a bit more robust with Ndidi playing as a destroyer with Youri/KDH and Madders behind a front 2?

8 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Not that I like 3/5 ATB but that’s mainly how Rodgers plays that system.

With no alternative wide options, playing JJ/Timmy as WB could be a way to become a bit more robust with Ndidi playing as a destroyer with Youri/KDH and Madders behind a front 2?

As if we haven't tried that before and everyone one here was whinging immediately about the lack of penetration and directness in attack

Just now, LFox99 said:

As if we haven't tried that before and everyone one here was whinging immediately about the lack of penetration and directness in attack

Hence why I said it’s not 3/5 ATB that is a problem per se, it’s how Rodgers plays it.

352 can be played very direct and with penetration if set up right.

Besides hardly like our current formation is working is it?

It all boils down to binning off Rodgers for me.

• Like 1