Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

He was rancid today. 

I get we're so lopsided without a right winger to compliment and spread the play, but he was down blind alleys and making misplaced passes all game.

You almost feel like 30 mins is enough with Barnes to realise what sort of game / full back he's up against. May as well sub him at that stage as he never plays his way back in to a game. 

• Like 2

The worst thing was when he was in acres of space, where a simple basic touch on his chest would have probably created a great chance for him but his touch knocks it put of play.

Phyiscally could be a beast but he’s softy soft soft.

• Like 1

Rubbish. Has been for ages. Inconsistent at best. One good game and people post how good he could be. I’ll be amazed if he ever manages 12+ league goals for us in a top flight season. 

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

I thought he done a little better today. Can anyone tell me why he never switches wings during a game.

If only to confuse the opposition and upset their plans and make them think differently.

We're not making the best use of his talent and our tactics are stale and completly known by the oppostion before we take the field.

• Like 3

If he has time to think, then I just sit back, and don't expect anything to happen. 

Just does not have the footballing brain. 

Sometimes, I wish he would just skew, or miss hit a pass. It might actually find our player. 

He is best, when it's all instincts. Needs, play however you want kind of role. 

• Like 2

Looked very dangerous and our biggest threat for the first 25 minutes or so and there was some great interplay with JJ and KDH

But then for whatever reason we seemed to stop trying to get the ball down the left or trying to attack that way

Then for the 2nd half he was regularly being doubled up on, and had very little to no support from JJ over / under lapping to help get that 2nd player away from him

The couple of times where we got the ball out to him quickly he created chances in the 2nd half, including the one Maddison absolutely whiffed

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

I thought he done a little better today. Can anyone tell me why he never switches wings during a game.

If only to confuse the opposition and upset their plans and make them think differently.

We're not making the best use of his talent and our tactics are stale and completly known by the oppostion before we take the field.

I genuinely don’t think he’s ever set foot on the right side of the pitch when attacking. I don’t know any other team that are so static with the positional play of their attacking wide players. Makes it easy for the opposition. 

• Like 1

I wouldn’t say he’s a luxury player,  but the rest of our squad is so doggo and we have no  genuine right sided equivalent, that the easy option for the opposing teams is to close his space down as they don’t have to worry about someone taking them on down the right..

What's happened to albrighton?? We are so unbalanced in midfield. Play Barnes of the left and albrighton on the right

Otherwise teams press our left hand side and then go one on one on castagne on the right who provides the width as maddison drifts in. 

It's so easy to defend against. You score goals by stretching a defence side to side....but we don't do that...

Man city are masters at having attacking threats on both wide lines and through the middle.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

What's happened to albrighton?? We are so unbalanced in midfield. Play Barnes of the left and albrighton on the right

Otherwise teams press our left hand side and then go one on one on castagne on the right who provides the width as maddison drifts in. 

It's so easy to defend against. You score goals by stretching a defence side to side....but we don't do that...

Man city are masters at having attacking threats on both wide lines and through the middle.

Albrighton’s legs went 3 years ago

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Looked very dangerous and our biggest threat for the first 25 minutes or so and there was some great interplay with JJ and KDH

But then for whatever reason we seemed to stop trying to get the ball down the left or trying to attack that way

Then for the 2nd half he was regularly being doubled up on, and had very little to no support from JJ over / under lapping to help get that 2nd player away from him

The couple of times where we got the ball out to him quickly he created chances in the 2nd half, including the one Maddison absolutely whiffed

Did he do anything for the first 15?!