Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

8 minutes ago, lcfcdamo said:

People saying about maddison rightly so but barnes should definitely be in the squad on stats alone once again why should bowen go over barnes 

Hitting form right now and always a threat.

But I can see why he isn't in the mix.

I also think playing under Southgate would be detrimental to his game right now.

Thing is, he still looks way below where he can be. I think the tactical side of his game is where he can make the biggest strides and definitely improve his decision making, but look at his output now it has improved a bit.

Scary thing is, he's played much better for us in spells in previous seasons than what he has done this year, yet he's got 5 goals in 12 games. The more confidence he gets back could really see him fulfilling his potential and then he'd be at the very top of the list of players defenders wouldn't want to play against.

3 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Thought he was sensational tonight. The Harvey we all know and love. Unplayable at times 

Agree.

But so frustrating at times, possibly could've scored at least one more and picked a couple of better passes in the box.

Wouldn't swap him for the world though. Exciting and entertaining. 

@The Bear must look at Harvey and think "Why the fvck can't Traore do shit like that?"

And we think Harvey is frustrating lol

• Like 2

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Going to go against the grain but I dont rate his overall game. He is not a percentage player, its either score or lose possession. That gets frustrating. He is dangerous though and I would think other teams fans fear him. 

Thats the life of a damn good, but not world class winger though isn't it?

If he wasn't frustrating, he'd have been snapped up for £70m and we would have Albrighton starting again lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Going to go against the grain but I dont rate his overall game. He is not a percentage player, its either score or lose possession. That gets frustrating. He is dangerous though and I would think other teams fans fear him. 

Who could we sign that scores as many goals, creates as many, has a great all round game and we could sign for a reasonable fee? Nobody.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Thats the life of a damn good, but not world class winger though isn't it?

If he wasn't frustrating, he'd have been snapped up for £70m and we would have Albrighton starting again lol

I'm not sure. He's very selfish in how he plays its either a big Contribution or **** all. I'd rather see him be mature and pick his moments better. 

• Like 2

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I'm not sure. He's very selfish in how he plays its either a big Contribution or **** all. I'd rather see him be mature and pick his moments better. 

Like I said, the life of a winger!

I'd prefer our Harvey over a £80m Sancho.

Anyone else? 

2 hours ago, Claridge said:

He’s fine if we have Maddison and Youri, not sure he is good enough as one of the main players when they go

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I like him, but his touch isn't top drawer and speed of thought is just a fraction off....for those reasons, he's a kinda James mcarthur type level. No shame in that. But not ultimately where we aim to be.

2 hours ago, westernpark said:

He’s a fine player, but shouldn’t be deemed indispensable to the team like Tielemans and Maddison are, when there are good options like Praet and Mendy too he could rotate with.

All spot on. He's not the messiah he's an average PL midfielder. And I mean that in a good way. 

3 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

You find me a winger who's that consistent, it's Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi.

• Like 1

On 04/10/2022 at 10:31, foxfanazer said:

It's really interesting. I appreciate he can be very frustrating at times but I feel that's because you expect more from him because it's clear to see the ability he has. I feel like his presence alone creates space for others but obviously he needs to do more

....you can shut him down by showing him the outside!!!

If you are as quick as he is, he will not take the race, he starts to doubt himself and is unsure how to overcome the situation. He links up well with Nacho, playing one-twos is a good way to get him in, and if however, he has a run on a defender he can go by them.

I still think he needs to play up front in a two, get in another winger for the left and one for the right. He is pretty much a natural in front of the goal, he just needs to practice it more often.

43 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

All spot on. He's not the messiah he's an average PL midfielder. And I mean that in a good way. 

Not sure a average midfielders gets 51 goal contribution in 124 games, which is 1 every 2.47 games   

Compare that to Bernardo Silva who has 64 in 179, which is 1 in every 2.79 games.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2