Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

He’s having a great season so far! What he has started doing is attack the game himself, rather than rely on the momentum of the game to get going. 

He’s got attributes that could make him one of the best attacking players in the world. Pace, Power and he can finish. I think he has taken the bull by the horns this season.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Not sure a average midfielders gets 51 goal contribution in 124 games, which is 1 every 2.47 games   

Compare that to Bernardo Silva who has 64 in 179, which is 1 in every 2.79 games.

No my quote was about Kdh which got in the Barnes thread for some reason! Sorry about that. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Would be interesting to see his shot conversation on his left foot compared to his right. I'm convinced he's better shooting on his left.

Interesting point that. I think it's because he shoots from places where you have less chance of scoring with the right and usually only shoots with left when he has a proper, clear sight at goal. 

6 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Think sometimes people dont realise the hardest position to play well and build 'numbers' if your team is struggling is on the Wing.

A winger goes with the team, if a team is all good around it the winger gets higher up the pitch and shows his quality, if hes getting 2 man marked all the time and the rest of the team gets overpowered, even the best can look like a fish up a tree!

Harvey is a top top winger and better than most in the Prem. Hes a better version of Allen St Maxim at Newcastle, exciting and frustrating but the difference is Harvey has much better stats so less wastful than ASM. Most would think ASM is potentially a top player and a top 6 player, so why not Harvey?

He might not be quite as high ceiling wise as Youri or Madders, but were comparing them to 2 of our greatest and 2 that could play for anyone in world football pretty much bar City.

Anyone who thinks Barnes couldnt do as well or better than Grealish at City or Jota at Liverpool or Sterling at Chelsea or Sancho at Utd then they are mad. Hes a very good winger and one of our best weve had over the years.

He reminds me of sterling.

If he played for Man city that create space all over the pitch he would easily clear 20 goals a season.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

People genuinely treat him like he Demarai Gray! I think most fans in the league would kill for a player like Barnes in their side

There's probably only 3 premier league teams he doesn't walk straight into and start for in that position on the left.

Probably 4 in Chelsea - Sterling, Arsenal - Martinelli, Spurs - Son and Manchester City err take your pick but Grealish...

Barnes probably would get a starting opportunity in most other sides at the moment?

Edited by Nick
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Guy who sits next to me at the KP absolutely hates him and I have no clue why.

Because he knows absolutely **** all about football and like so many cerebrally challenged individuals that comprise a large proportion of our so called 'support', feels empowered by mindlessly berating our own players. The same thing happened with Ben Chilwell on a much larger scale. The booing of Gray last night was pathetic. 

• Like 3