Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

Guest Col city fan

His goal was a beauty yesterday but let’s have it right.. until he scored Barnes was bloody awful yesterday.

But that’s him in a nutshell. If he ever gets more consistent in his play, he’ll be snapped up by one of ‘big boys’

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

His goal was a beauty yesterday but let’s have it right.. until he scored Barnes was bloody awful yesterday.

But that’s him in a nutshell. If he ever gets more consistent in his play, he’ll be snapped up by one of ‘big boys’

Thats the sign of an excellent player, as you say he was quite poor, but still scored as he has done in every victory this season.

7 hours ago, Always Next Year said:

His only fault for me is that he sometimes try’s to do it all on his own when a simple pass would result in a better chance of a goal from a teammate, but when he scores they are nearly always first class.

Yeah. He scores so many bangers no one even mentions it anymore. We’re crazy lucky.

Sometimes just wish he could do a first time cross into the box with his left foot, he’s jus a bit too predictable.

But then I will always miss Guppy…

Edited by Phube
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, matty98 said:

Would be interesting to see his shot conversation on his left foot compared to his right. I'm convinced he's better shooting on his left.

He doesn't have a weak foot, pretty sure his goals and assists off his left foot stretching back from early 2020/21 to now is pretty even.

9 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

In a 26 man squad he should be on the plane to qatar. Lethal pace and gets goals.

Toss up between him and Grealish to join Sterling as the LW option. Maddison and Foden as the ACM and Saka and possibly Bowen at RW. 

CM's Bellingham, Rice, Mount, Phillips, JWP (KDH probably should be there ahead of him or Phillips)

17 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

The criticism of Barnes on here is amongst the weirdest opinions on the forum

not really he came through the academy so always has to do more in the minds of some yet people like Lloyd Dyer who would vanish in the winter get looked upon as a great

On 06/11/2022 at 12:02, Always Next Year said:

His only fault for me is that he sometimes try’s to do it all on his own when a simple pass would result in a better chance of a goal from a teammate, but when he scores they are nearly always first class.

Physically he's got all the attributes to be one of the best players in the league but mentally he's arguably one of the worst. As you said when he gets it right its top class and I think there's more to come especially as he matures on and off the pitch. Hopefully this time next year we'll be looking at a much better player. 

• Like 2

On 06/11/2022 at 08:19, foxfanazer said:

The criticism of Barnes on here is amongst the weirdest opinions on the forum

Not though because he is inconsistent. His return of goals this season has so far been good but considering his best return is 9 league goals I consider him far from "lethal" or whatever I occasionally read on here. That's on top of his inconsistency in decision making, which has always been my main criticism of his.

Rodgers cited Barnes' development as a reason to ditch Gray and Rodgers deserves credit for that.

Edited by Fox92

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Not though because he is inconsistent. His return of goals this season has so far been good but considering his best return is 9 league goals I consider him far from "lethal" or whatever I occasionally read on here. That's on top of his inconsistency in decision making, which has always been my main criticism of his.

Rodgers cited Barnes' development as a reason to ditch Gray and Rodgers deserves credit for that.

We make allowances for other people at the club being inconsistent so why isn't Barnes afforded the same courtesy? He at least tries to move forwards with the ball 

38 minutes ago, Jon Bez said:

KDH doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the England squad. He gives the ball away far too much. 

Don't necessarily disagree with you on that, just that a couple of players likely picked who aren't as good as him/not reliable enough due to not playing enough or being persistently injured.

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

We make allowances for other people at the club being inconsistent so why isn't Barnes afforded the same courtesy? He at least tries to move forwards with the ball 

Everybody gets treated the same on here imo, it's pretty fair. Aside from Vardy probably.

He's actually the most frustrating player we have for me. The guy has bags full of talent - more than any youth product I can remember - however his decision making let's him down big time, Don't get me wrong, he's an amazing and valuable player for us, but just think if he had a bit more up top and his decision making was on point, he could be world class and I don't see that as hyperbole. 

• Like 1